Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Here comes the AA! Help

Hey peeps,

The car has died... Although it's working again I need advise.

Basically, Taxi duties driving down a semi-inclined hill, at around 35mph ( 30 mph zone :S ) and the car starts to spluter, then no response from the gas. I pulled into a side lane and then tried starting the car again, once started, if left to idle it would then cut out. But if I kept my foot on the gas and rev'd it hard ( if it started properly ) then it would stay running.

Called the AA, he had a look, used his diagnostic's which showed no errors ( also no engine management light was present ). He removed the box above the ERG Valve, and removed an injector ( or the plug to it ) and the car started fine, and would idle fine ( with engine management light appeared ).

We tried putting it all back together, and took it for a drive down the road and back up, it spluttered a few times but was fine until the drive back up the hill, it then died. It started and allowed me to get back behind the aa van.

He then sprayed the area ( carb i think ) with wd-40 and asked me to try again, worked fine. So we tried pulling away up a hill to take me home, and it died.

He had another look, nothing could be found. So we decided to take the down hill route. Got the car to 40 mph and then it was fine all the way home.

Does anyone know why this could be? I don't fancy driving anywhere and having to call them out again.

Cheers

Gavin

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What car is it?

What car is it?

It sounds a little like carb freezing.

Status