Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What would you do

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with my car, the Engine electrics light is on (car with spanner icon) its been to VXL and they have put it on tech2 and it came up with the following, EGR Valve, Knock and Coolant temp sensor.

VXL have replaced the EGR valve but the light is still coming on and the car is hesitate and very jerky, its going to get the knock sensor replaced however they said lack of oil will cause the knock sensor to show a fault so they topped it up, I though nothing of it untill I went to check it tonight and its well over max, its off the scale and onto the wire bit of the dip stick.

What would you guys do? Should I ask them to remove the oil as I beleive it will cause damage to the engine? Why would the knock sensor cause the car to run like a sack o poo?

Thanks in advance, I'm starting to stress about it.
    Garrie
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Defo - take it back and ask them what the bloody hell they're playing at. Get them to drain the excess oil out of the sum - that 'Max' mark is there for a reason.
    Too much oil will blow your oilseals.

A dealer did this to me once - the oil was up to the top of the dipstick tube

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm fecking livid! thing is I can't get back till next week due to work, will it damage the car driving it? I've already driven it 150miles since it was done.
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not recommended mate - too much oil will increace crank case pressure and there's only one way for it to go: outwards.

Give them a ring - explain your situation, and get them to collect it on a low loader do the work (properly) and bring it back to you. They cocked it up, ergo they fix it IMO

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just out of interest is this a 1.6 as my old 1.6 had a the knock sensor fail and it use to use a hell of a lot of oil as well
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no its a 2.2, just been to vauxhall and they have dropped some of the oil, knowing my luck it will be empty as I've not had time to check it.
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, I've just checked the oil level and they have filled it even more full, this is a Joke!!! DO NOT USE ARNOLD CLARKE POLLOCKSHEILDS ROAD, GLASGOW!
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Time for some compensation for you and some grovelling from them.

what a f'kin ridiculous situation

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best thing to do matey, is to ring up and ask to speak to the service manager, I did this after they failed to recognise an airflow meter problem after 5 attempts. The manager was really good, and got me in straight away, dont bother speaking to the monkeys on the phone, speak directley to the manager, because chances are the manager wont even know, youve come back more than once
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't get the service manager to come to the phone, I'm scared to use the car incase I damage it, I got the service receptionist to say they'll come out and look at the car ASAP but that was at 12:30 and I've not heard a thing yet.

Thing is I really don't trust them to work on the car when I'm not around, I'm really stuck what to do, the car is stuck at work, I can't get home, I can't get to the garage, I'll not be able to get to work next week if its not sorted today.

I don't know what to do, all I can do is wait I guess, they have control over the situtation, feckers <mad>
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast