Thread: Bloody French!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bloody French!

I'm supposed to be getting a vehicle for work (Renault Kangoo 4x4), and this has been delayed and delayed by the dealer for the past 12 weeks. At the moment I'm having to use my Astra, which has not been ideal to say ther least.

The latest is that due to ordering some factory fit options like front fogs and a passanger airbag, it will be at least another 3 months before they they can even be made (then atleast two weeks to be delivered).

So today I launched the rattle out of the pram big style and let the office saying that I refuse to use my car anymore.

I've just had a call from my boss and I'm getting a rental van delivered tomorrow, and it's gonna be........

.......just builing the tension................

An Astravan

(Will the rental firm know if I derestrict the airbox?? :lol)

They moral is don't moan about VX main dealers, they are bad, but the french are much much worse

Status
    Prince Eikichi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that's y i never buy french... lol
    Don't blame me if I say stoopid things or don't understand... I'm half French, half Pinoy lol

That's no fun being engaged to a Princess... she’s ALWAYS RIGHT & you're always wrong lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cant blame the dealers, its the manufacturer, so the moral is dont buy french, and what about the big dealers who own both renault and vauxhall showrooms, could be either a excellent dealer or a rubbish dealer.
    www.cruise-ayrshire.com

Scotland's West Coast Cruise Scene.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMAO about Astra van, Classic.

Status
    Prince Eikichi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    don't really trust french cars, my parents always had renault & they always had pbm
    but most of the french can afford french cars... poor them
    Don't blame me if I say stoopid things or don't understand... I'm half French, half Pinoy lol

That's no fun being engaged to a Princess... she’s ALWAYS RIGHT & you're always wrong lol

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, but I can blame the dealer 100% - if they'd have been straight with us at the time, they defo wouldn't have got the order in the first place.

First it was to be 3 weeks wait - then after 4 weeks they come back with 'ones with front foglights are special order and that will take another 4 weeks'. Then it got moved another 4 weeks ontop of that and now it's gonig to be another 12 (at least) ontop of that. That's 24 weeks (6 months alomost) to fit some foglamps to a van.

We can't be they very first to order fog lamps, so they must be well aware of the production issues, plus they never phone us - we always phone them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At my last job I waited 9 weeks for a bog standard Kangoo. When it finally arrived the muppet dealers put a self-tapper through the wiring loom when they fitted the plates. Consequence was that van had wiring issues from day one, ate central locking motors like americans eat chips, and I never once got the rear wiper to move.

My aunt got a Kangoo car - same thing, was due before Christmas, only got it in April.

Not only Renault though - I waited 12 weeks when I bought my 106. Bog standard, buck basic 106 in the colour I didn't want (because the colour I wanted would have taken even longer).
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i ordered my clio 3 years ago literally only took 5 weeks from me ordering it to it being on my drive. And after 3 years of motoring with it the only problems i have had is the airbag light coming on along with the service light which was due to the passenger side cable for the airbags coming a lil loose.

Checked it myself and was sorted

A loose cover over the ECU and then a backfiring problem which was traced to faulty spark plugs during its service.

Apart from that its been a perfect car and nothing really has gone wrong just tiny lil things. Just not the most comfy car to drive.