Thread: What parts will I need for GM Leccy Windows

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What parts will I need for GM Leccy Windows

I`m fed up of all the wiring for the aftermarket electric windows that vauxhall put in, as well as not being able to locate the switches in a good position due to the length of the wires.

I`ve got new door mouldings and window switches in them and am just wondering what other parts I will need to get the factory fit electric windows to work with the proper vauxhall window switches.

1) New window motors
    2) New door looms.
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)

Any help on this would be great as I really want to get this done ASAP, don`t want to pay my local vauxhall dealer £600 to do it, which is what they quoted me.

Many thanks.

Barry
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unless you have an 8v you will most likely have the wiring in the doors already.

You will need switches.. motors(with mechanisms).. a load of rivets and a rivet gun

and a couple of fuses... theres a fuse for each side.

Simple as that.. oh and even with the 8v if its a 5dr there will be the loom already in the back doors, just not the front
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Rosco83
    Theres no diference with the wiring on the 8 valve at all, in fact... my 8 valve has more wiring in place than a friends 52 plate 1.6 16v. I assume, and so does my vauxhall dealer that i know personally, that its just down to pot luck to what you have fitted to your car... I also assume Barry that your car came with electric mirrors like mine? This tuned out to be a factory fault as they fitted electric mirrors instead of electric windows. They also made mistakes in the firts ever brochure, as i have that too due to my car being a launch vehicle. Your leccy mirror switches will be where the window ones should be, and not further along toward the dash like they should. Ive checked all my wiring and its all there, so like we discussed before... you'll need the door cards with the panels & switches, ones with the space for leccy mirrors too... and you'll need the connectros for the switches i assume. And seeing as you already have the motors in place, and they work.... getting the windows to operate with the factory gear will be easy mate. Me and my friends have fitted leccy widnows to mk3 astra's, and corsa's and we think the mk4 Astra's are the easiest to work on. Im hoping to do this once i get some spare cash on the go. Hope that helps mate... go have a bash!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you have the wiring already in the doors then its literally a min job.

If not then its 2 minutes a side.

The sort of thing 99% of people could easily do.

You probably will want new door cards unless you fancy trimming the old 1's and just covering over the holes (as i am)

and yup the handle bit with the space for the buttons... forgot about them

Rosco83
    Let us know how you get on Barry, would be good to know before i eventually tackle it myself. Dont think it'll be too hard tho

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    if you need the parts barry get a list i will get you a price on cards ect ect with the seats you wanted as well again this will have to be picked up from essex
    but i will fit the seats with you if it helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry guys, totally forgot, my car is a 5 door 1.6 8V (SHHHHHH) CLUB on a 1998 S Plate.

I`ve already got new door handle mouldings on both doors with the factory fit vauxhall window switches in them, so will not need new door cards.

The current aftermarket switches are in the centre console and the wiring to them is a mess, not happy about that. There`s also a blue and black cable that goes from one of the switches and you can see it coming out along the floor at the back of the passenger side footwell.

So will I need to replace the window motors that are already installed for the aftermarket kit ??

How will I know if the wiring is already in my door looms??

Sorry about the questions but it will tidy the interior up a lot if I can get rid of the aftermarket setup that was put in.

I`ll take some pics later of the aftermarket switches and wiring.

Would be great to hear or see that the wiring is already in my door looms.

Danny, thanks for the offer, I`ll let you know if I need anthing to do this. Also, I`m not in a mad rush for the seats, I`ll be up your way for Donny South soon so we could sort something out for then as I will be staying in a hotel the night before, unless I need bits to get the factory leccy switches working.

Thanks Skuzzle, I rather hope you`d reply as I know you`ve done this recently and have the same model as me (I think).

Many thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah same car as mine and a year older.

You'll need looms for the doors... i found that buying a few different ones from scrappies i could cut and join to make complete looms.

I paid £32 for my whole setup.. motors.. swithes and looms.

Just retrim your door cards to hide the hole... its cheaper.. or bung a gromet in there for the time being.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Did you take any pics when you done this yourself??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i didnt actually but my door cards are not on yet so i can probably get some later tonight... and have them on the net by tomorrow morning if that helps..

You dont need any work in progress pics as its all simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast