Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Exclamation PVS Apologies.

Right where do i start.........

I showed with VxSCC this year, was always going to as it there National Day and wanted to be part of that.

I also wanted to spend some time with Astra-sport as it seems to be my "home" car wise.

The A-S stand seemed to be like Trax 2003. A small area realive to the amount of cars on show.

Unfortunatly PVS didn't go as planned and a few things i wanted to do, and A-S peeps to meet never happened so here goes.

- Pete...ment to give you some cash for an oil cap. Cheque will be posted tomorrow.

- East Midlands regional members. Only got chance to talk to Ste_Goffy and Scottyboy for a short while. To everyone else sorry if it seemed i ignored you. Not intantional.

- MixedupSte, want to say hi and apologies to you. Hope you've now got everything sorted. (I think you passed me on the M1! )

Was great to be overtaken by Hev and her following convoy on the way home.

- MatG for not getting a A-S t-shirt, can some post some pics up of them then?

Did manage to speak to a few A-S members as i walked aroung the site, and was gutted CraigY wasn't in his pink T-shirt.

I was also a little disapointed with the whole show. Looked like a page out of Max Power. I realise it is supposed to cater for all Vauxhalls, but the "chav" (hate that word to discribe people, but you know what i mean) element has seemed to over power the whole show.

Gonna seriously have to consider whether to go next year.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    sorry we didnt see you keif

I thought the stand space for us could have been a bit better IE removal of the burger vans but I wouldnt have wanted to go in any other space (other than migs but thats there spot and a much bigger club).

A few people have stated that they thought the show was a little poor this year, I thought it was great and this year was bigger than ever!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did not walk around the show this year apart from visiting the VX stand, as there is nothing I need or could have afford lol. It will be different next year I hope

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=MatG]sorry we didnt see you keif

I thought the stand space for us could have been a bit better IE removal of the burger vans but I wouldnt have wanted to go in any other space (other than migs but thats there spot and a much bigger club).

A few people have stated that they thought the show was a little poor this year, I thought it was great and this year was bigger than ever![/QUOTE]

That certinaly seems to be the biggest complaint of the show, that it was all chavved up based on the cars that were there. But considering that it was my first show, there were a lot less chavved up cars than I expected. The show was massive, it certainly bettered my expectations.

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    A few people have stated that they thought the show was a little poor this year, I thought it was great and this year was bigger than ever!
    I'm starting to guage shows on the Lotus Carlton element.....

Most of you know i love them, every car show i seemed to have enjoyed has had a least one of the 3.6 Twin Turbo beasts there

PVS2002? (think that was the correct year) IIRC had loads.

Billing last year and the Vauxhall Speed show this year (massive potiential)

I must be getting old.

(Mat you need to edit your sig, lol)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for ringing Keif - I did pass your thoughts on to mixedupste as he was in he car behind me with playboy......

I think Stu has the lotus carlton bug - but it won't fit in the drive (hey if its good enough excuse for me not having an evo it applies to him too )
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hev
    thanks for ringing Keif - I did pass your thoughts on to mixedupste as he was in he car behind me with playboy......
    Thanks pudding!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry I didnt see you bud, I think the Show this year was great but to be fair the fashoin with modified cars is to be as out ragous as possible and thatswhat brings the chav image.

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I`m sorry I missed you too Keif

I didn`t get to all the Vxlscc regions, not even the S.E. kept bumping into people, chatting and then returning to my car
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well just to prove it was me who passed ya...........

Astra J Bi Turbo