Thread: Good Bodyshop for mods in Manchester area

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good Bodyshop for mods in Manchester area

Guys I need some recomendations for good bodyshops which do a great job and don't mind doing odd work ie work to customer specs. I'm after getting a bonnet modded but no fibreglass or ABS plastic on it, all steel so they must be good at welding. They have to be able to work off a picture and being cheap would be nice

Anyone know anywhere in the Manchester area who fits the above bill please let me know.

Expect to start work on project around mid July.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Skill Customs over in Poynton. Ring 07771677468 and ask for Kanon. Tell him Sy with the Astra sent you and he should sort you out

Sy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Sy, my brother in law lives in Poynton I'll ask him if he knows where it is and if it has a good reputation, he was in the trade for 15 years and knows most people, can't stand him though so I try not to talk to him very often

I'll certainly give them a ring and see if they can do what I want.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    Cheers Sy, my brother in law lives in Poynton I'll ask him if he knows where it is and if it has a good reputation, he was in the trade for 15 years and knows most people, can't stand him though so I try not to talk to him very often

I'll certainly give them a ring and see if they can do what I want.
    Skill Customs has only just started to trade mate, Kanon used to work for Orion Motors in Macclesfield. I will however put my neck on the line and vouch for their work. Total perfectionists and more then willing to take on a challenge. My Astra's off to them shortly for some "slight" work

Examples of their work: -

The one I'm really looking for is Kanon's own CRX which has had a full re-spray in glitter paint...but as per usual when your looking for summit you can't find it.

Anywho give them a tinkle and I'm sure they will sort you out.

Sy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spoke to Kanon this morning. Seems to understand what I want, he's going on holiday on July 1st so I'll have to wait until after he comes back to get the bonnet done.

Thanks for the details, I'll let you know how it goes.