Thread: For those that wanted Footwell LED kits from me . . .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those that wanted Footwell LED kits from me . . .

I think most people are already aware of what has gone on with these kits.

Basically, I will explain the events, I am sorry but I cannot fulfill these order without going into serious debt now.

1. I got all orders sent in, a little later than preferred, so I lost the initial price break from the LED suppliers.
    2, Due to the amount of work required I got a 'mate' to take half the burden of work to make up the LED strips as they take about 16 hours (2 working days) per set to make.
    3. My 'mate' then took it upon himself to use the 100+ LEDs and resistors I gave him (for the kits) to bling his crappy Ford up and then ask me for more LEDs to complete the job (which I didn't)
    4. As I never budgeted on an extra 100 LEDs, resistors, plus PCB I had to bite the bullet and ask my supplier for more.
    5. At this point my supplier went all arsey and decided to double the LED prices for the amount I needed to rebalance the needed amount.
    6. At this point, I have a dillema, as I cannot supply the LED kits and profit.
    7. Now I find that the supplier of the the PCBs and resistors has hiked their prices too. I start searching all suppliers to keep the prices down. I make up a few kits for 'local' members who wanted special order parts.
    8. My 'local' members let me down, not wanting or turning up for their kits (you know who you are you ******s)
    9. I have managed to supply the members of AS who paid cash up front. No enquiries can find me a means of making this setup even break even.
    10. And here we are now. . . . . . . .

I will be at PV on the zlet stand, if anyone wants their cheques back, I will have them there. If not they will be put through the shredder when I get back on Monday 6th.

As I say, I am sorry for all this, but events have come together to conspire against me (I am £100's in debt for this now)

I am so sorry that this deal has fell out its arse

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Feel sorry for you Steve as doing a favour for others has left you out of pocket.

I lost £200 on a "group buy" with the FTO owners club last year, a supplier buggered off with most of our money and what was left had to be shared out. To put the icing on the cake the same bloke is advertising on E-Bay under his brother's name for the same products.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that Steve. No worries! ... and all for a Ford!!