Thread: ps2

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ps2

my boys ps2 called pulled down by their sister the other day and now you can`t open door unless you tilt it and then once its closed it just keeps making a funny noise as if its trying to get back on the runners and start any ideas that i could try and its coming up for the weekend and i won`t hear the end of it if they can`t play that

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell them to go outside and play with some soil and worms like we did as kids.......Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have a lot to answer for!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol they will do that too but they do like to play it when theres only an hour to bedtime

plus they use it to watch dvd`s on

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're going to kill your ps2 by playing dvds on it, the lasers are very dodgy with FMV and the like, if its out of guarantee, i would get someone electronically minded to open it up and take a look, could be something simple to fix

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds lke the disc has popped off the spindle jammng the dooror the door like ya said has popped of the runners. Very easy to fix if you've got a scewdriver. JUst open the ps2 and you will see the dvd drve. I think there are two more tiny screws holding a cover on top of that, take that off and you will see the discor problem.... Honestly easy to fix... i've done it a few times myself...

As for killing the laser watching dvd's i'm not too sure. I've used mine regularly since about a week after they got released and never had a problem. Like anything else if you watch dvd's and play games on the same unit your gonna wear it out that much quicker.... Playng games will actually cause more wear due to the laser unit having to access different parts of the disc (going back and forth all day)....

Remove the little rubber gromets and take out the screws from the bottom

Some of the screws are dead long just remember which ones

Thar's what the top of the DVD drive looks like...

Take out the screws pointed to by the arrows...

You should then see the disc has got jammed or popped off the spindle etc

Put back togehter in reverse. Just be careful and you should be ok.. Hope this helps..

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank you so must bolton i`m gonna try that tonight

my boys will love you if it works lol

maz i don`t think the guarntee will cover it being pulled off the side onto the floor lol it is still under guarntee though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vauxylady
    thank you so must bolton i`m gonna try that tonight

my boys will love you if it works lol

maz i don`t think the guarntee will cover it being pulled off the side onto the floor lol it is still under guarntee though
    if youc an open it when tilted it sounds more like the Drawer has cam off the runners just do what was described above and have a look at the drawer mines used to do this until i bought a new one and stripped the old one to have a look.. 2minutes i sorted it and sold it for £50 (new one cost me £30 out yellow paper)
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good choice of game in the caddy there, boltondave

If theres no damage to the casing i would still use the guarantee, once you touch those screws its void

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Good choice of game in the caddy there, boltondave

If theres no damage to the casing i would still use the guarantee, once you touch those screws its void
    very true actually you MAY have damaged the laser... get your moneys worth and get a new one

You need to go to where you bought it from and tell them about it, they'll give you anumber for Sony they take your SCEI number off the back of the ps2 and then sed out a new one within 7 days and you give them the old one.. only thing you need to give them is the Unit itself and you use the old Wires!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle