Thread: i am really sorry for doing this but...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am really sorry for doing this but...

i really want to convert the rear drums to discs.

I know it has been asked thousands of times before, but as the shoes are worn i could really do with changing over now.
    (as said before, 19's and drums dont mix)

So..some help would be great on this (such as what year did they do a 4stud 1.8 astra non abs with discs, or vectra's 1.6 with discs on the back...what year should i be looking for)

Oh btw...for all you people in the S.East. I have just started working at a body shop and over the last month have been trained up.
    This weekend i stripped the handles and side mouldings, rubbed them down to make them smooth and sprayed them.
    Look good, and will post pics soon. (just look funny with grey skirts..but kit is next).
    Was a 1.8 now a Z20LET! Driveway built astra. OMEX 600. GT2871R. 421bhp 390ftlb

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Suggest you read this and PM the poster to see what parts are required etc

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37148
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i believe you'll find that the x18xe engined astras without abs were 4 stud... the later z18's were 5 stud.

Hope that helps.

someone else may be able to tell what year that was.. i believe mine were off a 2001.

you want the whole hub.. (4 bolts to remove it)
    Handbrake cable as thats different too.
    And brake hoses including the metal pipe work 2 sections worth each side.
    And then you want the little metal braket the handbrake cable fits in on the rear beam each side.

Thats it really... but budget for new pads at least when doing this... luckily the discs i got looked almost new so i just gave em a clean and got new pads. Also painted the calipers while i was there... thought i should.. will post pics in the other thread soon.
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services