Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a spoiler - what do you think of this one?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I need a spoiler - what do you think of this one?

Hi guys.

I want to get a spoiler for my astra as the sport arse end is a little bare! I don't want anything fancy, just something like the spoiler you SRi boys have, so what do you guys think of this one I found on Ebay? Its a snip at £39 plus £19 postage (which is a little steep i must admit)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...973990188&rd=1
    52 plate 1.8 Bertone Coupe
    Now where did I put all of those Irmscher bits?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after a year (if not sooner), they sag, paint adhesion is poor dur to poor extrusion and finish plus you will need 2 irmscher boot struts (but you would need those anyway)
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    genuine ones come up from time to time and theyr much better quality
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could also try the dealer for the price of one of these - dont think I've seen any on modded astras -

standard spoiler from the eco4

when married up with one of these it would be subtle and stylish

why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave let us know what colour your Astra is and we'll keep a look out for you, E-Bay is a good source of the Irmscher spoiler ready painted as well if your lucky. No good saying just blue for instance it must be more specific, like Arden Blue etc. The paint code for your car is on the black sticker on the drivers door pillar, should be something like 82L or Z157 etc. You can always respray one but it's cheaper if it's the right colour and avoids the expense of spraying.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya, will run out to the car and get the paint code later, but I do know that the colour is Polar Sea Blue - i did think that the spoiler was a little cheap so i thought i'd ask the experts!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    THIS ONE IS 125 + VAT

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How does the spoiler fix to the bootlid? why do you need the other boot lifters?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    two bolts going up into the struts. they have a greater resistance so the boot doesnt fall on your head. some people have them some dont, i think theyr only really needed if youve got a larger spoiler and if youve got 6x9s in your parcle shelf
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the Irmscher spoiler on and you will need the new struts. I left my old ones on for a couple of months and the extra weight blew the seals. Plus the boot wouldn't lift up of it's own accord any more. Putting a set of Irmscher struts on cured this.

Been watching a set on E-Bay for a while now, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT ( only 4 hours left)only at £6.50 plus P&P so worth bidding on. Don't bid over £11.95 as there are some on buy it now for that price.

There was a Polar Sea full hatch including wiper, rear screen and the Irmscher Spoiler on E-Bay a couple of months ago. Went for £65, almost bought it just for the spoiler so I could resell it but couldn't be bothered to go and pick it up from Sheffield.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast