Thread: Opinions Wanted!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Opinions Wanted!!

I have had my astra since just before christmas. Have bought lexus rear lights, and angel eyes have been ordered, also got my sounds in, but nothing is gonna look right until i have got alloys on. I have got a mk4 1.6 16v, so im going down the 'looks' road rather than the 'speed road'. I have been debating what alloys to get and what size etc. I have seen some really nice wheels about, but dont know whether 18s would look better than 17s, or if they would look too big. There is also the issue of whether the arches would need work doing if i went for 18s. Have seen these wheels:

http://www.lenso.co.uk/index.php?pag...roduct&pid=667

Really like them but the cheapest ive seen them is £975 in 17s with budget tyres. Too expensive? Really unsure what to do, what does evertyone think. Will 18's look too big? Will my arches need work doing with 18s? Should i save until i can afford a really flash set of wheels, or is that a waste of time and money??

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What colour is your car ?
    They're expensive because they're chrome. Certainly bling.
    Some people think that you really need a kit to get away with chromies.

Only you can decide if it's a waste of time and money.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you've got a kit, get 18's, if not, go for 17s and lower it. You shouldn't need any arch work with 18's if you get the right offset width etc. iirc there is a guide in the FAQ section.
    Vectra SRi 1.9 cdti 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    chrome is ok in the us but not so good in the uk with our road as crap as they are

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you go for the chrome in 18's - consider getting a set of winter wheels 15" narrower profile - 17 and 18's can be a bit tricky in standing water and ice as some on here will testify. Also as already stated, chrome finish doesnt enjoy salt or brake dust build up.

Invest in a good set (or two) locking wheel nuts as well.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its not kitted at of yet. There are vague plans but not for a while anyway. 17's and lowered would work out easier on my pocket. Have seen some nice wheels at rochford tyres as well. 17s for £395

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=631

Only not sure what finish to go for either, if not chrome that it. The car is silvery blue colour. Looks silver in bright sunshine, but got a blueish tint to it all the rest of the time. Not sure the name of the colour, which would help. So because its not a bright silver, do you think perhaps shadow chrome would look good???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I`ve got chrome 18`s on mine, lowered 40mm all round, no arch work needed although I do get a bit of rubbing when people are sat in the back.

If you go for chrome, be prepared to clean them at least 4 times a week, if not every day.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I no someone with them lenso wheels and when he was having bodywork done on it the bloke next door who is a mot tester said he would fail it because of the sharp points on the alloys. just something for you to think about dont no if it is true but thought i would pass it on.