Thread: Bought a new Corsa for my daughter today

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bought a new Corsa for my daughter today

My daughter passed her test 18 months ago, she got a brand new 53 plate Corsa 1.0 Active, got free insurance as well which saved her a £1000 however she's been complaining that it's underpowered, well it is a 3 cylinder, I mean what did she expect. I took her out today and bought a brand new 05 plated Corsa 1.4 16v Exclusive, leather heated seats, lowered sports suspension, 16" 9 Spoke alloys, Irmscher front skirt with fogs, Irmscher side skirts,& rear spoiler, electric heated mirrors, climate control, alarm, ABS the works. Only thing is doesn't have is Traction Control and Cruise Control. All this is standard for the exclusive and it was only £10093 with 0% finance and a years free insurance, metalic paint at no cost as well, so long as you like Star Silver that is, as they only do red, black and Star Silver.

Anyone had a 1.4 Corsa? if so hows it perform? and what sort of MPG can she reasonably expect.

Oh and I can't believe the SXi Corsa DOESN'T get air con as standard, how cheap is that

She's chomping at the bit now for it to come in, has to wait a week for delivery.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    by the book its 47mpg mixed driving...according to parkers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wish my dad bought me two brand new cars
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ditto lol.

cool though thats a smart upgrade from the 1.0 - did you trade that back in for the 1.4 ? ? is she going to mod it at all ?
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wait for the day she says .. this 1.4 cant beat my friends Saxo VTS can I have an Astra VXR dad?
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott
    Wait for the day she says .. this 1.4 cant beat my friends Saxo VTS can I have an Astra VXR dad?
    LMAO, she's already said she wants my Astra when I decide to move it on, for free of course, she doesn't want to pay for it, typical woman.

I didn't buy her 2 cars, she bought the first one herself, I just helped with the legal stuff and advice etc but she bought it entirely herself. I've helped out with the 2nd one quite a bit but she still has to pay some towards it. She's traded in the 1.0 Corsa but didn't get a great price, £3800 for a 53 plated Corsa without any marks, very tidy little car well looked after.

I thought I'd ask about the VXR whilst I was in there but Pentagon in Oldham won't get them until Sept and I'm not ready to buy a new car yet but I'm looking hard at the VXR as a possible candidate when I do.

Just found out that VX have only produced 500 of the Corsa exclusive, no wonder they are flying out of the dealers doors, Pentagon had ordered 5 last week and have sold 4 before they even have one to show, they won't be delivered until tomorrow.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like a really good deal. i take it the free insurance will be for 21+?? im looking around for cars for my brother.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think the free insurance is for 20yrs+ and they must have held a full license for 1 year. There's the same car for £8995 without the finance and insurance deal but as she'd pay around £1100 for insurance it's cheaper to get the more expensive deal in the long run.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When the Exclusiv;s were origionally launched a yearor so ago, they only built 500, but as they sold so well they have now become a permenant model in th range. They are very nice bits of kit, and tbh you cant go wrong at the spec you get for the price. the free insurance is for 21-80year olds,.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey
    When the Exclusiv;s were origionally launched a yearor so ago, they only built 500, but as they sold so well they have now become a permenant model in th range. They are very nice bits of kit, and tbh you cant go wrong at the spec you get for the price. the free insurance is for 21-80year olds,.
    not so "exclusive" now then are they
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast