Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Electronics Help

Hi peeps,

Been looking at my interior for when I install my carpc. When I started looking at places to insert usb female sockets ( for game controllers, emergency keyboard and mouse, camera and web cams ), also since im removing my air vents, i need to replace the hazard light switch.

Well when removing the small plastic panel underneath the ashtray ( before you get to the gear stick ), there before me were 3 plugs that were plugged into the back of the plastic cover, going no where.

Can any one tell me what these are for, as my hayne manual doesn't discuss that, or I haven't looked properly ( going to in a mo ).

I've provided pictures for you.

As you can see their not actually plugged into anything, and the only thing I have seen that is as standard there in other cars is the traction control switch.

Any one know what they're for?

Cheers

Gav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gav,

The two outer connectors are for Heated Seat switchea and the middle one is for a TC button.
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so does this mean if I get the switches, they will work or would they be disconnected at the other end?

Only reason im asking is whether it was a spare hazard light switch button, would make my life easier.

Gav

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    traction control MAY work with just the switch but the heated seats need to have the heatin element in the seat.
    Ex Astra Coupe Driver
    Now: Audi A4 Cabriolet

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a 'How to' on this board ADVISING fitment for the Traction Control button Gav, have a look and see what you think about going for it!!!
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    so many people ask this when they find them as its been said the green/black ones are the loom for the heated seats, blue one is for the TC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol to be honest my model is that basic ( envoy ), that I doubt the traction control would work. But only one way to work.

Thats striked a note in my nuggin. I've noticed that my mates car ( exactly the same ) pulls away fast, he doesn't have a tc switch. Mines a little on the slow mark for pulling away.

Do you think this will solve that issue, but probably shred my tires everytime I try to pull away?

Gav

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Do you even have ABS?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    dose your car have abs?? its the same loom used for most of the cars even cars with no sunroof have the wires for the sunroof in the roof its cheaper for vxl to use a std loom thats why they are there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check under your fuse box and see if you have a loom going up and through a large grommet. If you can only see the black grommet, then you do not have the traction loom fitted (which I doubt). The loom is only 5-6 quid from vaux and the button is about 12 quid I think. It's quite an easy mod using the 'how to' on here.

In fact - if you have a base model you probably don't have traction control anyway! - does an orange light with a car come up on your dash when you switch on the ignition? and does you car loose power under wheel spin?

Iirc - a bmw hazard switch has been used before for those installing a car computer or screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast