Thread: wheel alignment

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wheel alignment

i had a problem with my drivers side front tyre the inside edge had worn a grove as though something had been rubbing but unable to find anything, i have now replaced both my front tyres and my steering wheel is now to the right when traveling straight so i had my tracking checked and it was spot on but my steering wheel was straight before replacing the tyres any ideas what could be causing this asked at place i had tracking done and they said i would have to take steering wheel off and refit it to sort problem.
    275.2 bhp @ 5837 & 288.7 lb ft @ 2913

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try swapping the tyres side to side and see if the car then pulls the other way, might be a faulty tyre.

if the steering wheel is out of alignment after they have done the tracking then they havent done it right. You shouldnt just move the steering wheel as it wil alter the centre line of the rack and you will have more turns to one lock that the other. The correct way to do it would be to wind one rod end in and the other out and re do the alignment.

'Tracking' checks are a complete waste of time IMHO. The only way to properly align a car is on a four wheel set up where the fronts are adjusted in relation to the rear of the car and all angles are checked, i.e castor, camber etc.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think i will have it checked somewhere else my car dosnt pull its just the steering wheel is no longer in the centre position
    275.2 bhp @ 5837 & 288.7 lb ft @ 2913

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had the same problem had mine done at tanvics twice and they couldnt do it and then took it to bushes and its spot on now.