Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel like they need falsers?? (*rant warning*)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone else feel like they need falsers?? (*rant warning*)

I am Really getting pi**ed off the now... I'm Owed money left right and centre, i'm missing things from my house that i have loaned out and to top it off I've got mates taking me for a ride, they expect me to Give up my friday nights and Saturdays to sort their cars

Last week i gave up my tuesday night was meant to be going shootin with my dad but passed it up to fit a set of 17"s to a mates corsa, needs alot of arch work so i started it.. saturday i put his standard springs on and organised for him to swap his 50mm's for 40mms with Karen (foxy with the pink tigra) Karen cant hers off so he's gettin them back, yet he expects me to get his car rub free for Sunday (crail) when i asked him if he could pay me into crail for doing it (£10 sounded fair to me for about 16hrs work) seeings as i'm giving up loads of my spare time he said NO, i then jokingly said well some cans of tennents would do the job he told me F**k off...

I'm also owed money for lots of reason, some owe me money because i've either lent it to them or they have said they'll buy something and havent got the money so i say i'll trust them.. and typical they dont pay up, I have asked them Multiple times about the money and they say they havent got it yet they still find the money to do other things to their car

2. I loaned out 2 games and 2 dvds to a friend of mine who said he'd get them back to me... Surprise surpise a year later i'm still trying to get them back!!!

Now to me when you loan someone something its on a short term basis, not long term!!! and when you say to someone "Oh I'll pay next week" they should pay next week!!!

To be honest i'm gettin to the point where i cant be f**ked doing anything for anyone anymore because i get no Thanks for it and i get nothing in return except a swift kick in the teeth.. the only person that has ever thanked me for anything i have done for them Is Macd but thats just the type of guy he is, christ he even bought me chocolates and a CD when i had my operation

Anyone else feel like they should need falsers after being kicked in the teeth so much???

(*disclaimer* this is not an attack against anyone on this site if i had a problem i would take it up with you personally!)

Sorry for the Rant Guys just majorly pissed off about this and just wondered if anyone else feels like they are in the same situation I dont mind doing favours and i never really expect anything in return except those two words Thank and You... lately i havent even recieved them!!!!!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i do, ive spent the last 3 weeks working on a mates car everyday, ive spent more than £50 in petrol running him about to get bits n bobs and cant really afford it because im unemployed at the momment, all ive had of him is a macdonalds and even at that he moaned, i sayed i didnt want paid but a helping hand with my petrol would b nice, he turns round and says hes skint, nxt day i turn up, he tells me hes just bought 2 new bucket seats, a new dizzy, a set of magnecor leads, 2 new wings,and a complete nova 1.3sr head and carb, now so much for being skint, all my other mates are normally ok, but this one is turning out 2 b a pain in the ass, i told him the other nite i wasnt doing anymore for him, he phones me the next day saying he bought a complete 13sr engine and wants me 2 fit it, i explained how i was feeling and the fact ive saved him more than £1000 in labour and think he shouls show sum way of appreciation, he says i should do it cos im a friend, havnt spoke 2 him in 3 days now and the more i think about it the angrier i get

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank christ i'm not the only one my mother says i'm acting like a Spoilt brat

I can really understand your problem mate running someone about wasting petrol when your not working isnt my idea of keeping the cost down to save money!!!

I'm not running my mate around due to the fact i have no License at the moment but i am puttin alot of man hours into his car he moaned at me cos he took me to some cruise but i never asked to be taken to the cruise and to be honest i'd have rather stayed at home with my mates and had a few beers as i'm getting a bit fed up with these cruises!

he wants his Car sorted JUST for crail when his car doesnt actually look too bad with the Standard rear springs on at the mo! He also had the Cheek to ask me for Petrol money for Crail knowing that i'd be sloggin my guts out this weekend to get his car ready for it!! when he found out that i wasnt giving him petrol money he got his girlfriend to ditch her pal (cos she wasnt paying any money) so he could take a mate who he had earlier said couldnt go cos she was!

I'm not Complaining just cos I'm doing this bit of work for him, but in the past i have done alot for him and not even heard a thank you which really really makes my blood boil!!!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [michael winner] Calm down chaps, Calm down ! [/michael winner ]

Right, Skippy stop being a lending library:
    - go to your mates house and ask for the stuff back, or ask his parents !
    - and stop lending stuff out.

Cars:
    - Finish the jobs you've committed to, mention how much you've saved them
    - Crail car - finish what you're doing with it and leave it saying you cant do it in time
    because of other commitments.

Money:
    - Go and ask for it, maybe even ask their parents for it....saying you need the money
    - chance of the parents being embarrased by their sons debt (worth a try)

Turboestate
    - Hopefully yuour mate will see sense and give you something
    - otherwise just stop doing jobs for him unless payment first

If you can maybe get paid by what they do for a living, see if thats possible.
    If say, they're painters get your hoose painted !

Overall just put it down to experience guys.
    You're too nice and helpful, which is great until it starts to cost you money.
    If they moan about you not helping just say 'well I did this and that for you, with no thanks'

...and be content that you're inner soul is content

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A guy at work owes me a sachet of batchelors cup a soup and i am still waiting

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suggest you sit on his desk at lunchtime with an cup of boiling water .......and wait...and wait !

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO
    I suggest you sit on his desk at lunchtime with an cup of boiling water .......and wait...and wait !
    Arent you meant to be at work mate

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes dear I am !

Big difference being at work and actually working !!

Friday is spamday

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mate did the ice in my car and i never paid him, i did run about after him like a blue arsed fly when i had the car

i also set up his pc, his mums pc, set up the broadband router etc, given him my stella fridge and only taken petrol money off him for crail and fast and modified in aberdeen etc.

the thing is we should all do things in return for mates, it should be a law,

Skipz, loan someone a tenner and never ask for it back, that way they will feel guilty about never payin you back and wont ask for a tap again
    What is cross posting? Is it when you get angry and post it on a forum?

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    i had this...a friend of mine went away on a family holiday and while she was away her lodger rang me up saying the bayliffs were at her door, cant remember now what it was about, but basically she owed the over £600. They said they would be back the next day to take the goods unless someone stumped up at least half of what was owed..thats where i come into it. i rang up their office and got transferred to the guys actually dealing with it and i paid half of the money off by slapping it on my credit card. I had spoken to my mate and we agreed that if she paid me back £5 a week, then that would be fine. Well that lasted a month, then it turned into a tenner a month. Like you say, if they havent got the money, there isnt alot you can do, but she still always had booze in the fridge, cigarettes in the house etc etc. Final straw came when she bought herself a dog for £100 and had a tattoo done which was £50. I wasnt happy as you can imagine! i dropped VERY big hints that i needed the money back asap, and even offered to knock some off if she paid it all in a lump sum. Eventually after 18 months, ive only just got the money back, it was all in one go, but i made her pay ALL of what she owed me, and will never help her out financially again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast