Thread: What to use with a PC 7424?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What to use with a PC 7424?

Right now i'm bidding on a PC on ebay - so i should have it some time next week!

The state of my paint is pretty bad (as you can see from the picture - sorry it's not a very good one). The Deep Crystal 3 step system looks farely straight forward to use - is this appropriate to use with a machine, and will it do any good? Or should i get some #83 and some other products? Please tell me what i need i can't think for myself! CHEERS!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That will need at least Dual action cleaner/polish. aka DACP then follow with #80 quick glaze. The rest is down to preference.

I would seal with nxt *2 then go for #16 wax

All from meguiars.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/detailcity/
    we detail.............not valet

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers JJ, much appreciated

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation You can keep using what you've got with the "Machine"...

Yep, u can keep using the DC system with the PC, no prob's with it. If u want 2 use something specifically designed for machine use then go for that. Try what u have first to c how it looks. Does it do what u want to be done??? If so stick with it. Otherwise try something different. Could save u some money.

Your car looks ok 2 me. Try a claybar first up after a good wash. See if that helps it get a glass smooth finish. Then if u have a lot of "swirls", "spiderwebs", or scratches u can't feel with a fingernail, decide on your next course of action. To DC or not to DC, that is your question...

If u do have these, then a paint cleaner & or polish is in order. Try the DC steps 1 & 2. Or if u want to, try perhaps meguiars #80 which is a bit milder than #83. It does both steps 1 & 2 with the one product. A few passes with the PC should be enough to clear up most of these nasties. If it doesn't with a few passes & some pressure, go up to #83 which is more aggressive. There r many other "boutique" alternatives available from Poorboys, Menzerna etc... on line. Check out www.autopia.com for more info.

Your last step is to seal that hard work & shine with a wax or sealant. Choose one u like and put on a couple of coats. That's it. The prep is harder & takes more time than the wax/sealant.