Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Advice, idiot reversed into my car!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance Advice, idiot reversed into my car!

Wonder if anyone can offer some quick advice on what costs would be for a new Astra G bumper and a foglight? (black)
    Some plonker at work reversed into my car and has pushed in the drivers side of the front bumper. I've taken it to a garage this afternoon,and they have said it would def be new bumper and fog light but they might not be able to get back to me until monday with the cost. Person that did the damage has offered to pay it, so I wondered what this would roughly be.
    Having never had to make a claim before, I am wondering whether it is best to give him the chance to do this or just put it through the insurance anyway. (To cap it all, he was at my work for a job interview to be a driver....)

Cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well if he has said he will pay then let him, I had the same happen to my car and it took about 2 months to get it fixed through the insurers. Even then I had the hastle of claiming back my excess and stuff. Get straight on eBay and have a look for a bumper, there is always standard bumpers there.

hope you get it sorted mate
    Mat

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i have a set of fogs for the astra g if you want one i will sort you out at a good price

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    somebody has just done this too me!!!!! except he had a towbar! ouch! got all prices from vaux, 180 for bumper 96quid for paint + 3 hours labour to paint at 26 quid per hour not to mention fitting and the fog light, oh yea and all prices are EX VAT! if it needs fixing then i would go thru the insurance company, luckily the damage on mine wasnt bad so i just took £200 off of him
    i would have got the bumper changed but i couldnt be arsed waiting for the insurance company to pay and the colour match might have been a bit off etc, so me and my mate just fixed it
    Fitted options: Folding mirrors, cruise control, dual tone horn, remap.
    Next: Bluetooth

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    if you want the parts i know some one that could get you all the parts bumper £40 to £80 fog light £35 but will have to be picked up from essex can you post a pic of the damage please ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers-That sounds v.good cost wise. I'm not too far from Essex so picking up will not be a problem. Will take a picture of the damage tomorrow and post a pic of it. TBH the dent in the plastic looks like it will push out, but i might as well make the most of the situation. By all accounts it sounds like it would be better to get the cash from him and get it done myself rather than messing around with the insurance
    Thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i will just ask for a bigger bill for you mate if you want what side fog do you need is it a SRI/SXI one? if it is i have a set in the garage i fink the bumper will need painting thats all how about a coupe one? will see if there is one of the for you

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heres a link to pic's of the damage:-

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1360427

Went to see another bodyshop today and they said it would only be a new bumper, no damage elsewhere.

I've just got to get a written quotation to give to the person that did it, then will let you know. Coupe bumper sounds good-Just want to make sure I have enough to cover the parts + spraying costs. I think the foglights are the same as the SXi/SRi for it. Cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dannysport, looks like MR S needs a drivers side fog. I need a passenger side one. PM me a price of how much u want for it. Cheers.
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i will find out a price on the post for you mate i will pm you my mobile number see whats about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast