Thread: End of the road for the corsa!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

End of the road for the corsa!!

Well as i finish with my current job on Wednesday the corsavan must go back!! well the do own it

will be sad to see the wee motor go as it has been fun to drive even fully laden along country roads.
    It is a corsa c with the facelifted bumpers and a 1.3CDTi engine!!! 33k miles in under a year and a half.

well still have the astra g till i decide what to do next, might trade up to a newer astra g. Thinking about the cdx/elegance rather than a sri, just for the comfort and toys, need 5 door.

what do people think?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    corsa is a fun car to drive i take the company corsa for a spin from time to time an its so much fun they fly over speed bumps rally style just dont buy a ex company one

I need a 5 door car as well how about a 2.2 sri 5door?? that had a few toys an better seats then the cdx or look for a cdx with leather then you get sports seats and the wood dash

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate why do you need a 5 door its not like you have kids yet, what ever you do liam it has to be a black car to follow the trend, you can just see the next AS meet what with me nigel, and sxi Girl

also just to let you know i took my ford transit connect back on friday flew to dublin to pick a vxl combi and instead i got a peice of french crap a citroen Berlingo brand new but plastic everywhere
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah Duff, you gotta get a black 3Dr of some sort.
    We've got an SXi, SRi & GSi, if you get a CDX it'll make the set.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what about a late spec CDTi, mk4s are going for bargain prices now.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont think they make a 3dr cdx
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How long were you with SX3 then Liam? It's 5.5 years since I left I recon, and you were there before I started, so must be over 7 years...

As for the 5 door thing, they're damned handy. My Corsa is 3 door, and it's a pain in the butt carrying anything. The 5 door Astra was useful - just fire the shopping in the back seat, saves opening the boot and having all the shopping empty itself all over the place. At least in the back seat it doesn't go too far.

I'm going to be going back to the Astra in a few years, but keeping the Corsa for a while until my insurance returns to a sensible rate. Have to cough up £720 this week to insure the Corsa for a year, and it's group 3!
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter

Thumbs Up Its all good.

Elegances are all good. The only thing it really lacks is sports suspension so corning isn't great but still pretty dam good. I can get the back end outta shape on mine and with little effort bring it straight back when I want it. Suggest if your gonna get an elegance some 17's with low pro's give you just that bit extra grip.
    apart from that elegance rating

jam

Understated.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it has been eight years since i started with Aurora and I have seen some changes!!! past couple of weeks I have been able to sit back and watch others wonder what is happening as Sx3 is being bought over.

5-door is damn handy with picking up mates and neices and nephews etc
    kinda be lost without the extra 2 doors, did the 3 door thing for too long. ZS you know what I mean, clio, polo etc

see what happens in the new job with what i get. might even get a mk5 if they are cheap enough 2nd hand!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Elegance replaced the CDX model. If your looking for an Elegance try and find either a 1.8 or 2.2 model, mines the 1.8. The 1.6 Elegance doesn't get a lot of the extras that the 1.8 does, no ABS, no TC, no CC, that's as far as I remember when I was looking into buying mine. Also think its a 4 stud on the 1.6 and 5 stud on the 1.8. The suspension has been changed on mine and along with a rear ARB and front strut brace it's really really good on corners.

The 2.2 has climate control instead of Air con as well. As far as I know all the elegances have 4 electric windows. Also just remembered mine has elec mirrors as well, not sure if the 1.6 does.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast