AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Did anyone.....

...jus see the new Grand Designs??
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yep I never liked that house or saw the point when it was first viewed, hoever the finished product was very impressive if not a little small. Ideas are great but seemed a little forced to me, it didnt really flow well for me and I couldnt have lived there. From what the space was at first though to that house is very impressive!!

Nice to see the dedication and the emotion in the bloke though....its how I feel some times about me car
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just watched that myself, fair play to the guy for doing things very different, but has that house/shed got any real value??

if estate agents don't value it high enough or more importantly the building society, then hes pretty screwed for a mortgage, which means stictching up his dad and freinds. Not a position I would want to be in :/

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    agreed and it certainly seemed like there was some uncertainty there regards a mortgage!

I am sure it would be valued quite high as these buildings usually are, but it is a little like moded cars, it may take a while to sell when you wont to move on and that house could very easerly become small once a 6-10 year old is living there as well!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At the start i thought it was gonna end up being awful..it was such a small plot with not a great deal of room of capacity. But i thought it was incredible what the guy achieved in that space and doing the majority of the work himself with help from friends.

I certainly wouldnt have liked to be in his position with the financial side of the build resting on his dads house, big risk to take, and fortunately looked like it paid off...although they didnt say if they had managed to get a mortage tho did they? Would have thought they would have done tho, would assume that a property like that would fetch quite abit.
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I reckon he was just an educated rich parented pikey

Where did the extra money come from ? ... 'err, friends'
    Building Regs .... nah dont need that !

Sliding roof is great until a bird flies over and poos on your centrepiece.

Mmm...bath under the bed...what a brilliant way to forget about it !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The bath under the bed convention, bery clever way to hide it, but will probably pop up in cluedo one day!!

'Mrs X was suffocated in the bath under the bed by....' LOL

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was a great idea

But I imagine a morgage is gonna be a bit tricky, as the building methods aren't really tried and trusted, and it's not like they can knock it down and re-use the land for another more traditional building.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I watched it, thought they guys way about going round things was rather amusing (we're laughing at you, not with you), the house was clever (I liked the centre piece window), but the house just wasnt nice to look at, which IMO is something your pride and joy should be.......didnt anyone else get the impression at the end that he wasnt overly happy with it, he didnt seem very enthusiastic about it, and there were definately issues as to where that extra money came from.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The shower. Nice idea, but in the wrong place. The bed will get wet, as will the house when the waters stepped trodden through it.