Thread: Selling my astra for another, help needed!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Selling my astra for another, help needed!

I'm sure you have all heard this thread many times but this relates more to prices. Basically in September time, when i turn 21, I want to sell my 1.8 Sri and either get a coupe turbo or gsi. I know insurance is obviously going to go up etc, but was more interested how much money I would have to put ontop of my car to get a coupe turbo or gsi. Gsi i would imagine a few k's more than the coupe so its probably going to be a coupe.

My car is a 53 plate done 24k miles now but probably 30k+ by then at least. Maybe more like 35k.

I want a car of similar mileage, age would be a plus factor but seeing as I do fairly high mileage I would want to start as low as possible. Any idea?

Just a rough guess is all I need so I can start saving now

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It would be a good idea to do a valuation on your car and the car your looking at buying on www.parkers.co.uk. This would give you an exact figure rather than a guess.
    ASTRA VXR
    Flame Red
    19" Rims

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The trouble will be trying to find one with of that age with you required mileage.

best bet is to set yourself a budget then get the best one you can for the money
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are a few GSi's startiong to crop up for the under 10k mark (theres an arden blue GSi in the for sale section for 9,950)......its also worth taking a look around the likes of Auto trader to see hwo much similar cars like yours are going for privately (if thats the way your going to do it), although take 500 off the price of any there to allow for bartering. TBH I would say your best bet is to first drive both cars, get an insurance quote on both and decide which one it is you really want as opposed to just buying one because its cheaper as you may end up regretting this.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd take Dave's advise..

You need to look a bit more into before you can make a decision. Do a few online qoutes for the GSi and the Coupe and see if it's in your budget. Am I right in saying they're both group 15?

Then take each one for a test drive and from there you should have a much better insight into which one you want.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All sound advice guys, tried to get a glass guide on price of mine but it costs and would be different in future. Will try having a look on autotrader and parkers, just wondered how much the general difference would be. Will try and have a drive of both but dont want to go round till im more sorted with money so that im not wasting peoples time as its annoying for them.

I would like to go thru the garage route mainly due to warrenty etc etc, that will probably add at least 500 I guess.