Thread: Car's very wierd this morning

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car's very wierd this morning

My car was being very special this morning...

Put the key in the ignition and for some reason the key was really stiff to turn and didn't seem to click back into place after twisting the key as far as it can go to start the engine.

Then, backed the car out of the drive and began to pull away but the service light came on the dash and had no power to the accelerator pedal - the car had completely disengaged it - car just crawled along.

So, pulled over and turned everything off and sat there for a bit and then tried again - and started ok but sounded very tappety/rattley but overall seemed normal - no lights on the dash and power to the pedals.

What the hell was going on??? The car is due a service later this month but this was a bit full on!! Any ideas??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With regards to the key, steering wheel may have been locked and made it difficult
    to turn key, I get it now and then, just wiggle the wheel and that should do it.

Oh, have you checked your oil? Symptoms - tappety/rattley
    Irmscher parts irmscher-bits.com
    ask 4 Dave & mention Darren SXi 1.8 sent u!

Performance Vauxhall Show 'A-S Cleanest Car' 2006

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah the wheel was locked mate, it wasn't like the key wouldn't move it was just really stiff to turn - maybe i'm getting puny with age!

And as for the oil - checked it friday and the level was fine, oil was little dark, but other than that it was alright.

Like I said, it is due a service this month, but I was trying to hold out until May as I'm going away in a fortnight and I don't want vxl's to skank me out of my spending money before I go. I'm sure it nothing too bad but it's just a bit of an arse...