AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People Of A-s

STOP TAKING POSTS SO SERIOUSLY

LIGHTEN UP.

I don't know whats changed but i and possibly others have noticed that people are not just accepting things as being funny. They must be political and serious about everything. It's just not much fun anymore tbh.

Well like i said i don't know what's changed but can it change back please :/.

If it doesn't change i might leave, kinda sick of some of the people pming me and replying to some of my posts. I'm not out to offend anyone but people are taking this forum FAR too seriously. Yes it's a good, organised club/forum but damn, some people are having a bit of fun. Let them.

If you guys like it, the way it's going, then fine. Keep up the work, if it's doing the right thing. Personally i've kind of had enough. I don't really wanna leave, i know how good the site and 98% of the members are awesome, but some people are annoying the crap outta me.

Most people are extremely nice and friendly on here and the advice is top notch but teh attitude is going a bit downhill. May just be me though so don't just take my word for it as everyone should have their own opinion.

I'll leave it at that. If you want to delete this, feel free. Just thought i would air my thoughts. Sorry to anyone this offends and this is not a dig at the site, far from it. Merely the very small population that's going to bring the community down at some point.

Thank You for your time.

[Public Service Announcement And Moan Courtesy Of All-Star]

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    so the site is going down hill because most members are polite???

Would you it rather be like many other forums that are long standing and have constant piss taking and knocking of peoples pride and joy?

I agree sometimes it is too politically correct, buit at the same time we would prefer the site/club to be seen as grown up than a kids play ground. Getting the balance is very difficult and we will never please all.

The one think that really annoys me is the slagging of car posts. I think personally its not so bad about cars that are NOT astras but to slag of astras on a site for astra enthuisiasts, where the owner could very easerly be a member (and has been on 4 occasions now) is not on.

I am more than happy to keep the thread open as this is what astra-sport is about, trying to get the best forum we can, and to do that we need feed back so we can all hear and learn what the members want form the site/club.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lmao Fair play mate....should check out that 'other performance vauxhall' site....you'll be posting stuff liek this up every 5 minutes in every single sub forum
    Stop provoking me & i won't need to reply!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Like i said 98% of the members are fine. I'm talking about the very small majority that aren't, they may not be as well known as some of the other members but they do exist.

I don't know what slagging off cars has anything to do with what i'm talking about though but i get your point and agree to a degree. I wasn't on about any of that, i was more talking along the lines of general posts by myself and other members being taken far too politically.

Thank you for leaving it open though.

*EDIT*

Yes i know every car forum has it's problem and problem people but i'm just trying to get people to realise that it's getting worse than it has to be and trying to nip a problem in the butt before it escalates to stupid heights.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been told I'm too much like the swiss navy - too neutral

The way I see it though, is that although it's good to have a go at things (whatever they may be), there are polite ways to do it/say it.
    Thats all I ever want to see in posts.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    sorry I couldnt think of any other examples at the time and I know knocking cars has been an issue for a short time. Please show me some other examples as I genuinely havent seen/read/noticed them sorry.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All-Star
    Like i said 98% of the members are fine. I'm talking about the very small majority that aren't, they may not be as well known as some of the other members but they do exist.

I don't know what slagging off cars has anything to do with what i'm talking about though but i get your point and agree to a degree. I wasn't on about any of that, i was more talking along the lines of general posts by myself and other members being taken far too politically.

Thank you for leaving it open though.

*EDIT*

Yes i know every car forum has it's problem and problem people but i'm just trying to get people to realise that it's getting worse than it has to be and trying to nip a problem in the butt before it escalates to stupid heights.
    Thing is though, you get political confrontations in life all the time. But you can't jsut decide 'I'm gonna leave life'

What makes it differn't on the internet is that you can say what you have to say, then do a runner from anyone wanting to challenge you on your views.....that way you subconciously think what you said has converted people to your way of thinking.

Anyway, election time is soon, everyone is getting political.....including me, was only yesterday i was moaning about the price of eggs!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Member Name

There is no need for posting that kind of shit on a public forum. It's pointless and irrelevant to anything on a car forum.

Please don't post useless shit again.
    one example of a pm i got after i posted that cat thing.

It's stupid but that's the whole point, it was just for a very cheap giggle.

It's not the first time it' s happened either and i never felt the need to be public about it as i just took it in my stride but how long before they start doing this to brand spanky new members. I am reletively new so i don't know how long it's been going on.

I mean TBH it's not the worse thing in life and i'm not going to go hang myself orsomething because of such idiot attitudes but it will affect the site and it affects how i use the site and it MAY affect others users in the future or could be right now.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy_Astra
    was only yesterday i was moaning about the price of eggs!

"During the war!"

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All-Star
    one example of a pm i got after i posted that cat thing.

It's tupid but that's the whole point, it was just for a very cheap giggle.
    How many posts did he/she have? How long have they beend here?

You should take into account the fact that idiots are being let loose on the internet every day and treat it seriously.

I would hazard a guess and say that was a new member whos recently joined and wants to be at the recognition level of long running members....its just they are doing it the wrong way. perhaps its a power thing? You don't know.

Best thing to do is ignore them, or better still (what i would do) is send a 'nice' PM back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast