Thread: Club newbie

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Club newbie

Hey guys, I spent about 5 hours reading practically everything on the site the other night, so decided to join up! You all seem like a decent enough lot - which is rare on the internet!

My astra mk4 saloon is my first car - my Dad has the 2.2 sri with a body kit and lots of mods which he only recently told me about lol (chipping and such) and after sitting in his, I knew I wanted one! I prefer the saloon look to the hatchback, although, after having to ferry my girlfriend around in her new micra (ptooey!) I quite like the ease of parking a smaller car with no boot on! (I was about to upgrade to a coupe, but I really fancy a new astra ) I'm currently planning my latest mods - just choosing new alloys now actually. Getting bits is a pain tho - I'm originally from manchester and now in between york and hull, so I dont know where anything is really, (aside from halfords) and my plan is to enjoy my mk4 for a little while longer, then buy myself a nice new red sports hatch and get lambo doors on if its possible!

I've a little bit of experience with photoshop and I've been having fun 'modding' my car over the past few days whilst deciding what I want - I'd recommend everyone do that before buying stuff - its rather nifty!

So anyways, just thought I'd say Hi to everyone - and maybe find out what I come under to you guys - there's no east yorkshire!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi and welcome

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello mate, welcome to AS, any pics of yours and your dads car ?
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi mate and welcome to AS
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to the site bud

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi and welcome aboard
    life's to fast to go slow. so get the turbo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome mate, most of the modded saloons we see on here are from abroard, be interesting to see what you have in mind

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All I've done so far, is put the coupe spoiler on (I'm currently keeping an eye on a smallish EVO one for 39 pounds on ebay - although I dont think it'll fit my boot...well it will, but I wont be able to open it lol), added some lexus lights, whacked in the kenwood 9527 with a 10 cd changer, added kenwood dual mags, 6x9s and an amp for ICE, though I'd like to add a reversing camera with TV/DVD. I've also got the irmscher heater rings in, a nice gear knob and a brushed steel handbrake handle, also got the CD holder that goes in the little tray and I swapped the seats with ones from my Dads' SR/XI (He upgraded to bucket seats)... and thats its so far (oh, bonnet lifters, but my engine isnt really worth looking at ). I havent even got any decent alloys as my insurance company wouldnt let me when I first bought the car - and now they want £80 pounds this year, if I put some on that are worth £250 or less! But... I've got a slow puncture and my tyres are a little mismatched lol, so Im just going to get a good deal and pay the 80 quid - because my hubs were rubbish when I got them and they arent doing my car any style favours!

This is what I want to do on the sides

And this is a rather garish work in progress - I just fancy like sprucing the colours up a bit really, there's only so much black and grey I can take lol

And this was me messing around with what a carbon fibre bonnet would be like

Back of car - I was thinking of getting some chrome trim and playing with that - I like the bar of chrome on the coupe (but not the price)

And here's snaps from my last holiday... Im kidding lol ;-)

Any suggestions would be welcome - I dont think I'll being getting a bodykit tho, unless I find somewhere to do it for me - I'm better at planning than actually getting oil on my hands (so to speak

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa, pics are a bit big mate, can you resize to 600x450 please
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol yeah already done - I only noticed when I posted - thats what comes from working in photoshop with poster sized pics! :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast