Thread: VXLSCC - i aint going to bother again!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VXLSCC - i aint going to bother again!!

ive been a member for of the Vauxhall Sports Car Club for over 3 years now and ive decided not to bother with it anymore as its a waste of money! the local region moved from a round trip of 40miles to nearly 50/60 miles as the pub we met at was on the out skirts of northwich and closed down - so they moved it into northwich (funny how they live there!!) i get a mag every 3months or so and i dont use the discount as i get all the work at vauxhalls done cheaper than usual anyway! so whats the point in splashing out on £30 for nowt!

there aint!!

is there another club with local regions like the PAG or something worth joining or are they the same?

im happy enough just to go to shows with A/S tho to be fair!

im not having ago at Vxlscc members as there all a sound bunch but i dont see the point in spending £30 for nowt! - if A/S was a club id say it was the best out of the lot!!

anyone else feel the same on this issue?
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Each to there own !! , if you feel £30 is a waste of money , join MIG and see what you get for £10 less per year ( i got 1 magazine in 2 years ) and as for having to travel 50/60 miles to a meeting , we at the East of Scotland VXLSCC had a meeting on Sunday at which 6 people travelled down and back from Aberdeen , a total round trip of 260+ miles , so you're not that hard done by with 50/60 miles . If and when Astra - sport become a club will there meetings be held on you're doorstep , maybe not !! , then why don,t you ask the RO,s of you,re region to vary the meeting places , it's only fair !! ..............my tuppenceworth

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good points ally, Scotland always gets a raw deal for meetings because of the physical size of the region....

....luckily it's car related and we LOVE driving...so a few hundred miles to a meet is great !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a debate last time i looked bout the meeting place on the web site but i cant be bothered with it as all talk no action - i dont mind travelling at all in fact i bloody love it but drive to a pub that is as grottie as a squad and do nothing - no point!! with the A/S meets we have a laugh do things and its fantastic!!!

shevs great at the meets lol think she shouldnt move lol

but like Coo said scotland is a huge area - i do get what ur saying tho!
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At our meeting it was agreed to arrange a meeting up north every few month's and also aim to have some about the Dundee area ( half way ) so that people don,t feel left out , after all they pay the same money as the rest of us !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kev i can see where your coming from £30 for benefits you dont even use is a waste of money mate especially when your probably forking that out to get to each meet ..

I am a Premium Member on Corsasport which costs me £12 per year, An for that you get a Preem lounge (for Preem members only) 50mb's worth of Garage space with free image hosting, 15% discount from Adrian Flux which has already saved my parent £45 on my insurance on the mondeo, and will save me a further £176 on the Corsa when i finally get passed my test and get one

So for £12 a year an saving £176 on my own insurance i cant complain about paying that £12...

and If Astra-sport became a Club i would have no problem with paying to use the site (after all i have eaten up plenty of bandwidth in the past )
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle