AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SatNav tv?

ok i need some help,
    I have decided i want to get satnav for the astra,
    now i know there is a satnav centre console available so im assuming i can get satnav to fit that and have what i want,
    also i have been told by me GF i need a TV for the long journeys she has to be a passenger (lol) so i want that, and a tv/satnav/option for a PS2 or X-Box seems good to me,

so my question is if i wanted to have a TV fitted to a centre console (only the 5" screen part) could i easily and cheaply beable to get satnav to run through the screen aswell?
    or is it possible to get satnav from another astra and wire it up to be a TV,

my knowedge in all of this is 0 all i know is i have a aux in for my HU which i guess will be usful for anything i might need,

can someone please give me some ideas how this could be done and how much it would cost,

Cheers
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vauxhall don't make it easy to put their navigation systems in Aftermarket as none of the looms are there.

It depends on how much money you have to do what you want. This would give us a better of idea on what we are looking at.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adwhitworth
    Vauxhall don't make it easy to put their navigation systems in Aftermarket as none of the looms are there.

It depends on how much money you have to do what you want. This would give us a better of idea on what we are looking at.
    i think im gunna scrap the idea of the satnav tbh, i wanna get a good PDA in the next couple of months so ill use that
    so what i want is a in dash TV/DVD player,
    i guess i would need a decent 5" screen and wire it up to a DVD HU or just my current HU for the sound?
    then just fit it to a satnav console?

how much would i be looking at for the parts and someone to make it all up (and proerly fit knowing me)?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It really does depend on budget. You could start at a couple of hundred for a DVD/TV player off somewhere like eBay and go upmarket and get a nice Pioneer AVIC-X1R with satnav and DVD plus a TV tuner but units like these will start around £1200 and go all the way to a couple of grand.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It could all be done for as little as £300 for Screen, TV and DVD, especially as you want to go the PDA route so are forgoing the Nav stuff.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD
    It could all be done for as little as £300 for Screen, TV and DVD, especially as you want to go the PDA route so are forgoing the Nav stuff.
    sounds good,
    im not really otherly bothered about DVD atm, ive just got a new HU so dont really want to replace it for a DVD one so if i did get it i assume its poss to fit a basic DVD player in the 2nd din slot?