Thread: More Probs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More Probs

Funny thing readign and typing in the EGR thread...

I had mine replaced a few months ago after the dreaded orange light came up on my astra 53 plate G on the M1 half way back to London

Today, the car wouldnt start... in the morning it was ok, but evening it wouldnt

After a lot of turning over... it kicked in and the orange lights back

what do you think?
    I'm going to ring up vauxhall to book it in next week but i dont even know when they are open becaus eof easter

Its strange because performance got quite bad
    to really bad
    till today when the light came up... now the performance is great but its drinking fuel too now and the petrol stinks at times

also i think im having probs with clutch again... its beed bled a few times by vauxhall but its still sticking, hitting back and crunching (both noise and feeling at the pedal)

again what do you think?

cars under warranty by the way

cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akash
    After a lot of turning over... it kicked in and the orange lights back

cheers
    Mine was doing it after I had driven a few miles, the car would conk out when coming to a stop and it would take a lot of tuning over (and foot on the gas) to splutter back up again, then the orange light would come on, but it would be the 'car and spanner' light, not the emmisions light. Took it to vauxhall and changed the EGR under warranty and 4 months later I've had no probs (touch wood).

They were'nt entirely sure if it was the EGR because of it being replaced before (they did'nt know if the ECU fault code had been wiped from the previous EGR fault) but it has seemed to do the trick. The first time my EGR valve was replaced, the only symptoms I was getting was hessitation between 40-50 mph in fith gear, and then the emmisions light came on, so it must cause a wide range of probs.
    2001 1.8 SRI 130 Vectra
    2002 2.0 Turbo Cabriolet Astra

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    what part of london you from i would say take it to my dealer in brentwood one of the best we send all dads company cars there

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had that conk out thing with the corsa...
    with the astra, i've already had the EGR replaced a few months ago... maybe 4 months id say
    so maybe its time again? :->

This morning... it was ok, it started up fine, no light and the performance of the car is next to nothing. for a 1.6 8v its performing more like the 2.0 16v we have! pickups great, speed maintains and increases nicely

cant say much about fuel though
    still, i will get it checked out this week just incase its something serious

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    booked in lance owen kingston on Tuesday 5th April
    wish me luck
    tried to wangle out a curtosey car because i need to drive to nottingham and back on tuesday ... thought id use up their mileage but they dont have any until 13th

Ah well... i might just have t obreak my rule about not ever going on "public transport" afterall.... still 4 years of not using it is not too bad