Thread: Thinking of getting a dump valve???.......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thinking of getting a dump valve???.......

First of all a request if anyone has a sound file or an mpeg of a car with a dump valve on the z20let so i can hear what it will sould like.

Also....

1. Shall i get a power pipe and a dump valve?
    2. Should i just get the DV?
    3. Where from and how much?
    4. Which one does everyone recommend?

Sorry for all the questions folks. Just want to make sure i'm doing it right!!

Ta

Daz

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest Darren, I wouldn't bother. I had the Power pipe and DV fitted and it was fine, but the noise soon gets irritating, and it doesn't give any real improvements IMO.

I would however change the pipe to a polished one. You can get these from Regals or Promota sport, not sure CS does plain ones with no DV ??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know why i just fancy getting one, maybe it's because i've never had a turbo and need to get the DV to say that i have had one. I've heard that they don't really do a lot other than make a noise anyway, it's just the novelty.

What is it like is it quite loud? Can you hear it a lot in the car?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is not loud at all really, it is more so if you disable the OE recirc one while fitting the new atmospheric one. I can appreciate where your coming from, and to be fair if you are fitting one then a Power Pipe is worthwhile at the sametime.

Fitting is fairly simple, even more so if you leave the standard recirc one enabled

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can hear it i the car and it gets louder if you disable the original re-circ valve.
    (Previously owned a SRi-Turbo Phase III.5 running 290bhp 370ibft
    AUDI Sales Executive

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a proper dunce when it comes to fitting anything new really, i have fitted induction kits and exhausts before and even fitted some springs on my old nova (there i admitted it!) But all this turbo talk seems a little complicated to me.

Is it loud enough if you keep the origional on on? Sounds simpler that way.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From what work you have done before, fitting a DV+powerpipe should be no problem. Do a search, it has been covered many times.

I like the sound of the DV, and never get tired of it.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try it with the original still going, if you want it louder you can then disable that one. Its not that difficult, just fiddly

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Much like you Daz - I have never owned a Turbo car prior to the Astra, so one of the first things I fitted was a dump valve.

I purchased the Power Pipe and Baileys DV-26 dump valve kit from Regal and fitted the whole lot in one go (Cost about £120) - now I know vitrually nothing about cars, so believe you me if I can install it then im sure as hell you can.

When it came to fitting I left the OEM DV inplace and simply routed the pipe from the DV to a section of boost tube and inserted the T piece that comes with the kit. I was advised by Courtenay and Reagl that this was the best approach as it would limit the risk of any problems occuring.

The DV is not particualy loud when you have the standard one running, but since I have had the Stage 1 Re-map put in place I have noticed that the DV has gotten an awful lot louder due to an increase in boost.

Also worth pointing out that there is a DV-36 (I think it's 36) available now, which is virtually identical to the 26 but louder - might be worth looking into.
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same for me, i had to get the dump valve phase out of my system as i had never owned a turbo car.

Now ive done it, i dont think i will bother again - it sounds nice but the novelty wears off after a while.....then sometimes when you see people stop and stare the novelty factor comes back!!

Fitting is very simple....in theory....but be prepared to cut ya hands to shreds if your going to disable the standard valve
    02 Astra SRI Turbo
    MSN - olliestanton1984@hotmail.com