Thread: Blue LED's on display

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Blue LED's on display

Just found a picture of a mfd with blue LED's. I want to do this to mine, but not really keen on the surrounding blue light it gives off if you get what i mean:

Is there any known way to block off everything, so that only the digits are blue, and the rest of the background doesnt have the blue glow?

Cheers
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not easy...
    The way I would do it would be to take the unit apart completely then
    spray the mask...but feather the edges so it's not too regimental.

Oh, and obviously do the bottom half aswell !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also be aware that Vx changed the MFD around 2000 I think. The early ones had orange bulbs with a white internal filter plate, whereas the later ones used white bulbs with an orange internal filter plate. So if you put blue LEDs in a later one the symbols turn a greenish colour and not the blue you want. Only solution is to find an early model MFD and either fit that or nick the filter plate and replace the orange one.

There was a how-to around somewhere, done by Smelly Tofu I seem to recall.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines a 2001 model, so i may have the above problem..
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah drat! am just about to do what you wanna do too jonesy!!! oh drat y did they wanna change the colour of the filter!! i wanted it all blue!
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from what ive read mate, i should be ok with mine (registered in sept 2001). When was yours registered?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could be right Jonesy. Smelly Tofu reckons it's pre Oct 2001 which have the white filters in. Here's a link to his how-to but unfortunately the pics no longer work as the host site shut down.

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1943

There's usually a MFD on E-Bay if you keep looking. I've got 2 of them myself but haven't got round to fitting the damn thing yet. Was gonna do it when I changed the dash bulbs but never seem to have the time.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, i think i should be getting my bulbs tommorow or sat, and will be fitting them saturday morning so i'll let you know how it goes etc..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, can I email someone a PDF for all the "how to" so you guys can host them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, send me an email if you like and i can host it

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast