Thread: Astra Coupe Electric Window Problem.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Coupe Electric Window Problem.

Hello to everyone. I have just found this site on the internet and it seems ace.

I have just bought a 2000 Astra Coupe 1.8 Bertone and noticed that when you press the electric window switches the windows go down automatically, but when I want to put them up again I have to keep hold of the switch in order to close them as they stop as soon as you let go.

Do the windows need programming and if so how do you do this or are they supposed to be like this. I have never had this problem with the rest of the Vauxhall's that I have owned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They need resetting - simply open the window and press the button to close, but keep the button depressed for a few secs once the window is fully up (you should hear a feint click). Hey presto job done

Welcome to Astra-Sport by the way, I hope you find it useful (if not addictive)

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site firstly

Now for the bad news......... It seems some vauxhall coupe's don't have the one touch up feature and also don't have the total closure where you hold the key to the lock postion in the door.

I could be wrong and hope i'm not but we have come accross this before
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. I have just kept the button depressed for a few secs and I did not hear a click nor are the windows reset. Also I tried to use the key in the lock to shut the windows and this did not work neither.

I just spoke to Appollo electrics near me and they said that they can add it to my alarm system for an extra £30 so that they will go up when I lock the car.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks
    Now for the bad news......... It seems some vauxhall coupe's don't have the one touch up feature and also don't have the total closure where you hold the key to the lock postion in the door.

I could be wrong and hope i'm not but we have come accross this before
    My 2002 Coupe has the total closure on position 1 of the lock. I'm pritty certain it has the one touch also.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 2001 coupe allows you to press once for up and down, but i get the similar problem where now and again it sticks, or wont go all the way up. Going to try resetting it tommorow as mentioned above.
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 2003 Coupe has one touch up, but not the total closure thing ... i didnt realise they had this feature. I'll be going to Vaux about this!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site, Mum's 2000 coupé 1.8 has touch down but not up windows so I guess it's common on the older ones