Thread: Your work and Smoking

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your work and Smoking

What does your company do about cigrette breaks?

My workplace used to operate a "go whenever you like" policy as long as there wasnt too many people already on a break and you had time left to take

But now they have introduced a policy which means we arent aloud to go out for fags together, we now have to wait for someone to come back before we go.

One of my mates is now having a meeting with one of our top directors to see about changing this, what are your views?
    i think this is petty and as long as we dont all go at once i cant see a problem.

strange one i know but thats Trafficmaster for you!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you should not be aloud to smoke in company time this is what some companys have started saying.they could say you can smoke but we are not going to pay you for your time spent having the fag

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have designated smoking area's inside and outside the building and no-one question's the amout of smoke breaks we have.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This gives me the ****ing hound.
    What about non-smokers like me that have to sit at the desk all day whilst people around them go out and have fags, and come back into the office stinking.

Its unsociable and atleast your company still allow you to smoke.
    You dont dgo out to socialse - you go for a fag, so if no one else is there to chat with, who cares??

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What about the people that do not smoke, not really fair on them that A. you smoke all around the building, and B. you could in theroy have breaks all together.

I personally think that all work places should stop people smoking at work, then again I also think it should be banned in pubs, resturants etc etc

Interesting point is that Sarah is a teacher and her school like many schools are bcoming completly smoke free. This means no smoking out sids and no smoking room. in fact if you do want to smoke it is not permiyted within a 100 meters of the school.

I think its great - Sarah has now given up after 15 years of smoking and feels brilliant for it
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have similar terms here, however it has now been brought up that if you have like 5mins every hour it equals weeks over the period of the year !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Were the same as Stu. We have a designated smokers hut inside the building with the yellow walls and brown roof. Can go whenever u feel like a smoke but no set time limit or number of people.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i am with other people hear you should not be aloud to smoke in company time
    as more of the people dont smoke so i can leave my desk for a coffee brake 5 mins every hour would p1ss people off as mush as smokeing in the office would smoke when your on your way home

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see your point of view, obviously i was a non smoker before i was a smoker (that made sense in my head!)

The non-smokers at my work dont get anymore or less break time then the smokers, we all have 45 mins at the start of our shift to use as we wish, be that smoking,eating or just having some chilled time.

Its just bizarre that the company i work for go on and on about working as a team etc but dont want us to talk to each other at all even on our breaks!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRON SRI
    This gives me the ****ing hound.
    What about non-smokers like me that have to sit at the desk all day whilst people around them go out and have fags, and come back into the office stinking.

Its unsociable and atleast your company still allow you to smoke.
    You dont dgo out to socialse - you go for a fag, so if no one else is there to chat with, who cares??
    too right mate!
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast