Thread: HPI Check recommendations?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HPI Check recommendations?

What companies have you ever used for a HPI check as im going to hopefully need one in the next day or so..
    Ive heard the ones the rac do are good, but are £40.. anyone recommend any cheaper good ones? Im not that fussed if i have to pay that, after all, £40 for peace of mind is well worth it in my eyes.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found these:

Cheap "HPI" checks.
    Basically i found these online - they are far cheaper than the HPI or AA ones, but use the same database...

www.carwatchuk.com

£19.99 for a search - which i think is a bargain. HPI/AA costs £35 or £40 for the same service.

You have to manually print off the form, so its more of a "buyer" tool than a seller one - however i have had issues with HPI checks being out of date in the past so i always check cars before purchase now. Nice thing is you put the Index mark (reg plate) in before paying so you dont check the wrong car.

ALSO

£19.95 at www.checkmyfile.co.uk 4p cheaper

Edit: HPi filter check is also £19.95, "HPI Filter allows you to enter up to three registration numbers. The results will help you establish whether the vehicles are correctly described, have had any identity changes, or have been subject to serious accident damage. If so, HPI also tell you the damage classification, so you can tell the potential death traps from the potential bargains. "

Or talk to a friendly car salesman who can do for you for maybe a fiver !