Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

debadgeing

well i had a go at de-badgeing my tailgate today,
    i left the griffin on but took "vauxhall astra 1.8 16v".
    vauxhall came off pretty well only a little but of the glue left, the rest left quite a bit of the glue on there,
    i did mean to go buy some of the autoglym stuff(?) so remove it all but thought id have a go without and by the time i realised i needed it, it was too late so will have to wait until next weekend now,
    i made a few tiny scrathes when removeing the badges and T-Cut doesnt seem to get rid of them just strips the paint off the car by the looks of the 4 red clothes i now have,
    u cant see the scratehs by looking just in the right angle and easy ways of removing them and any advice on what to get it remove the last little bits of glue? cheap as poss cos ill only need it this once,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    little bit of turps or petrol on a rag, but clean the panel straight after you done it!!!
    BOMB DISPOSAL EXPERT....if you see me running try and keep up!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie_sri
    little bit of turps or petrol on a rag, but clean the panel straight after you done it!!!
    i tried a bit of whit spirit (only a tiny bit) to strip most of the glue but once again left me with a red rag so dont really wanna risk that again,
    its odd cos the cars ive used T-cut or similar on before havent lost any paint on to the cloth before, but this car with only a tiny little bit literally turns a shite cloth red in a few seconds, theres no way ill use it again except to remove scrathes because i think after 3-4 times there wont be any paint left,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.