Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pimp My Ride UK -Company chosen !

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Pimp My Ride UK -Company chosen !

Following in the footsteps of West Coast Customs, who pimped up the cars in the US version of Pimp My Ride, Carisma will take on the lowly cars of UK participators and turn them into pimp chariots.
    "After all our years of hard work and determination we can show a British audience that you don’t need to be in L.A. to build the most craziest cars in world,"
    said Carisma's Jamie Shaw.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With Tim Westwood presenting, there gonna do 6 cars in the first season, the first one rumoured to be a Morris Minor!? according to corsasport.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was predictable from the start carisma would do it, I wonder if there workmanship will greatly suffer working to a budget?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B.A.D. on 19-01-2005, 20:29
    I reckon that Carisma would be a good choice? That Jamie fellah seems to know what he's doing. Meg's would probly manage to get in there somehow!

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showpost.php...8&postcount=24
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can't wait to see the cars they turn out for this
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts on the subject still stand, I will look forward to seeing the outcome of my questions....

I posted this on corsasport a while back

Quote Originally Posted by matg
    my out look on PIMP my Ride UK.

The way I see it Carisma are aiming (doign TVR's Porsches) at the high end of the market in terms of modifiying. Now the cars they will be getting for this progrom will be quite frankly shiters! So do you think this will do their reputation from the high end of customers point of view any favours? MTV will want a quick turn around and WCC have obviously got a large unit, a large staff, supply and do all the work in house. As far as I am aware do Carsima have this? Also are they prepared to knock any 'real' customers back due to the demand of this show will have upon them? As far as I am aware within the TV industry money is not as great as they would have you beleive, I know a few people within my trade that have done work for these house make over programs and they have been asked to do the work for very cheap if not free for the advertisment they get at the end within the credits. How many times is WCC mentioned in each episode usually?? That must be a way for MTV to pay them in the form of free direct advertising?

So could Carima afford to do this bearing in mind they need to do it quick, on a budget and still show there level of quailty and skill?

Now this is the main point I have about this, how do you think the UK public will react to these cars within the modified car mags and maybe at shows if thats what they are into?? Will Carisma or who ever does it work be scrutanised? Seeing the 'over the top' theme cars that MTV will obviously want will that make you want to go to them for work in the future after watching the program?

Will it be the death of them? It wouldnt be the first company to be shafted by the TV people!
    It will be interesting to see the over all effect it has on the modified/enthusiasts car scene as well. Especially when C4 by the rights to show it next year.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least it wasnt Mynheer.

I reckon that the UK pimp my ride will but utter toss.

Can't see it behing even 1/2 as good as the Yank pimp my ride. C'mon, it's in association with Max Power....utter poop!

For starters, they're more than likely going to be doing up mainly Fiestas, Corsas, Astras, Focus', Sierras and such like, prolly a few Mercs, BMW's and the odd Japcrap, I'd guess.

Most, I'm sure, will end up being fitted with body kits that have all the air of a quornburger smothered in semen....not Corvettes, pickups, Mustangs having cool resto jobs etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I bet you a handful of corn from this morning's 5hit, that I won't be.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon it'll be damaging to carisma, as said above, they've done TVRs, Porsches, stuff like that in the past, they've built a prestigous reputation, now they're really putting it on the line with this one.

Oh, and Tim Westwood??? What a dick.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool can`t wait to see that

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not so sure, yes they have done TVR's & Porsches but the majority of the cars they do are normal ones, Corsa's/Saxo's etc... I think they want to move into the market of prestigous cars but when the money starts rolling in, which it will Im sure they will accomodate all brands

One things for sure, It will make Jamie Shaw a wealthy man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast