Thread: Youth of today

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Youth of today

Got home from work tonight to find out that the two families in our street that have caused me grief before have started causing trouble again.

The brats have been kicking their footballs at our windows and cctv cameras and have damaged my next door neighbours hedge, who is an elderly lady on her own.

And generaly being a pain....................................

I went and spoke to both their parents, one said they would have a word with their kids and tell them to keep away, the other said they were not bothered and just shut the door on me.

I`m just more concerned about what this is doing to the lady next door, she`s too scared to say anything.

Just sick and fed up with the youth of today, anti social ban is required I think, which will be looked into.

Sorry to rant on, I know a couple of others from astra sport have had similar problems though.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately i have noticed this in places too. I'm lucky and don't live near them when i am over but i've seen it happen plenty of times.

Stopping them is pretty much impossible, the families usually can't control them. Worst that's going to happen is they get sent to childrens panel or a curfew but they can still offend during both so I don't know how you or anyone else will be able to stop them really.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I do know it`s virtualy impossible to stop them, but I will try as there is no way I`m moving.

Everything did go quiet for a good 3 months, but it didn`t last.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wonder if you can get a social injunction. If they come within 100 feet of your house or your next door neighbour then they get fined or their parents get fined. I would say legal action but that would end up being childrens panel again lol. British law on youngsters is shit :|.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    My mate has no end of trouble with this sort of thing, it ended up with him knocking one of them down and they were quick to call the police then.

They more of less shaked his had though and said he had it comming to him
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The elderly couple next door to us, spoke to the new family in the house on the other side to them on Saturday apparently. Bearing in mind the elderly people have been in their house forever, and these new people moved in last month, they told them to go away and get off their property !

The elderly lady only wanted someone to move the logs into the front room for their fire, and Jo and I were both out so no one could do it. I was absolutely disgusted they wouldn't even consider helping her !

And then I return this evening at 5:30 to find the familys youngest son and his posse sat in front of our gate, hanging out .... I get out to open the gate and ask him to move, get nothing to abuse so drag the little shite out the way and tell him to FUc& off and find somewhere else to doss about.

I just dont understand some people these days ... complete lack of respect and control for their kids ..... long gone has the days of manners are free IMO !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are some good kids still but they are rare. I've noticed it and i'm not even in the UK that often :/.

Can i just be the first to say "oooh drama". Sorry had to be said lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with that too, I get comments quite oftern if I hold a door open for an old lady saying how shocked they are that there are still well mannored people about. It does sadden me that it's the exception not the rule these days.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Waht gets my goat is that the fathers like a doctor or consultant or something .... I know this is going to be stereotypical, but its not like these kids down the road are from a deprived council estate !!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stereotypical but true in 90% of the cases.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast