I was thinking, hows about we have a photo shop competition?
We find a suitable base image, then once it's been agreed, everyone gets one week to do their best photoshop job on it. (We all start with the same base image to make it fair.)
Then in one weeks time everyone submits their ONE best pic and, we can start a thread with a poll - The finished images will be in that thread people can vote/comment on their favourite.
So first we need a good base image. (I was thinking of a standard 3door MK5 Astra, if someone can find a good high res image from the front/side)
So, can people please find and add suitable base images to this thread. Once we have agreed on a base image to start with, I will add it to this post.
1. Everyone uses the same base image.
2. Submit only one finished picture.
3. Comp closes in one week from when we agree on a base image.
4. You can use any software.
5. You can take samples from any pictures you like to blend in, but this does not include dropping a whole new complete car in!
6. You can change the background.
7. You can reccomend and supply base images, but my decision is final. (Else we could be here for a week just trying to agree on one!)
8. When you've finished, PM me with the URL of the finished car and I'll sort the voting out.
9. Finished Image can be any (reasonable) size, but if it's too big, I will resize it. I reccomend keeping the orignal size.
10. If you want to do a short (less than 8 lines) write up on your car, include it in your PM and I'll see about including some descriptions along side the pics in the poll.
I will make two judging threads, one where you can vote for your favourite car in terms of styling. The other you can vote on who you think has shown the best talent. (So if u can 'shop, but arn't great at designing kits, or if u have lots of ideas, but cant shop so well - there will be equal oppertunities.)
The voting thread will have polls that will stay open for a fixed time (couple of days), and winners declared when the polls close. Also, as you can only have 10 options on a poll, it might be neccessary to have several seperate polls open for each catagory - BUT PLEASE ONLY VOTE ONCE FOR STYLE AND ONCE FOR TALENT!
(btw, I'm not gonna be online much until Thursday, so I will announce the base image then.)
UPDATE 1 (17/02/05 15:45)
I have chosen the base image - It's the one in the pit lane, as found by jonsey. I picked this one because it has a nice racey setting (feel free to change it though!) and the car is at a good angle to add a body kit.
Here's the base image:
(right click, save as..)
You now have one week to do ur best 'chopping!
Closing date for entries will be midnight Thursday 24th Feb.
I'll update again in a few days to let u know how to submit ur finished work.
Good luck guys!
UPDATE 2 (17/02/05 19:10)
Incase you need a hand to get started, there are loads of tutorials on the web:
Here's a couple to get u started...
If u find any other good ones, share the links in this thread.
UPDATE 3 (19/02/05 14:22)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
Please PM me with the URL to your finished jpeg image by Midnight Thursday 24/02/05.
I will rehost the image somewhere permanent. (No compression/size restrictions apply anymore)
Please only submit one entry. (You can't change after you have submitted and image, so make sure ur happy with it before you send it to me!)
I'll set up the voting on Friday. Voting will close on Sunday.
BTW If you want to do a short (less than 8 lines) writeup on the car, I'll see about including some descriptions along side the pics in the poll. It will make it easier for people who are judging the best talent if they know exactly what you have done!
UPDATE 4 25/02/05 10:01
Ok, Comp is now closed!! So here's the good bit:
Please click HERE to vote for the Best Style
Please click HERE to vote for the Best Skill
Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest and especially those who contributed.
Good luck everyone!