Hi Guys and Gals
I'm a Meguiars virgin and I've got a half-day today. I plan to make a start on polishing my car for the first time since I bought it.
I have bought a few Meguiars things, listed below:
1. Gold Class shampoo
2. Quick Clay (comes with Quick Detailer)
3. Scratch X
4. Quick Wax
5. Leather Car (the one step version)
6. Polish applicator pads
You may spot a lack of proper polish or waxes here, but that is because the car is a very light colour. Meguiars state that a polish is not needed on light cars. I plan to scratch X the whole car to remove swirls and to clay as much as I can. I will then do a quick wax job using the spray on Quick Wax. I know the Quick Wax will not get the best results possible, but I have some Diamond Brite on the way to me, so all I am trying to do is clean and smooth the paint finish ready for the application of the Diamond Brite stuff. The Quick Wax should give it a little protection and since in the mean time.
1. Which should I use first - the clay or Scratch X?
2. Is it ok to Scratch X the whole car or is it too abrasive?
3. I plan to apply Scratch X with an electric polisher - is this ok?
4. How do I remove Scratch X residue? (Quick detailer?)
5. Is it ok to apply Scratch X on a slightly damp car?
6. Should I clay the whole car or just exposed area?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. After spending loads on this stuff, I want to use it a best and efficiently as possible.