Thread: Who's into leather??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who's into leather??

I've been looking into a leather re-trim for my car, today I came accross this place two minutes from where I work, I went into and spoke to the guy on the desk, he showed me previous jobs carried out by them, they've done quite a few, saxo's, corsa's, audi tt, Pugs, astra coupe etc, the one that he was able to show me was a 206 cc, looked a really tidy job, they basically strip off the material from your existing Seats, door cards, and headrests and re trim it using a "kit" , now the whole concept of re-trimming is new to me, I've watched pimp my ride and seen the likes of Ish trimming seats from scratch, using a sewing machine etc. this kit basically consists of the pre-made patterns (specific to my car) in leather to fix to the seat in place of your existing material, has anyone here heard of this method before? is it reliable/good quality etc.

Black & Titan(like a silver colour) Supplied, Fitted, Inc VAT it would cost £800, if it's a special order I.E they need to order it in it would cost £1175

What does everyone think to this? I'll try and get pics of one of these kits tommorow, this place seems proffessional enough, they strip out the existing interior and "re-trim" it
    Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    BTTT, no replies? never had to bump in general chat before IIRC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    someone that mikeseaman3000 knows in middlesbrough will upholster your car for £250 if you provide your own animal apparantly. not sure how much the animals cost tho.

im surprised you didnt get more interest with a topic name like that

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Call Shaun at L-4Leather and tell him I sent you. He's based in Sheffield but can strip out, collect, do job, re-deliver and refit. Or you can leave car with him.

He will be a tad more expensive but his service is second to none and has won awards for his interiors.

Chris
    www.l4leather.com Custom retrims, ICE, alloys, bodykits...list is endless...customer service is second to none. www.collardracing.co.uk

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen L4Leather work, as I live in sheffied and know a few people who have used them. I can vouch for just how good their work is.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That wasn't really answering my questions but thanks for the ifo, this place I'm talking about is two minutes from where I work and they'll provide me with a courtesy car, I live in Newcastle so that place is really no good to me, I don't have the time to travel that far

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go to a scrappy and rip the leather seats out of a cally much cheaper :-) and you get nice buckets not alot of effort to make it fit either

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Again, not what I asked for, I already tried all the local scrappies (not really many round here anyway) cheers though mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Kev if you've seen some of the guys work and people have been happy with how it turned out then go for it, especially if he's giving you a courtesy car whilst yours is in, not many places do that.
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I probably will anyway though I'd still like peoples views, does anyone have pics they can post of re trimmed astra G's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast