Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

urgent help needed

Right then its this amp (again) that I have brought,
    I have wired he speakers as you guys have said and he LPF is set just over half and the gain is set at under 3 quaters, has shown in the diagram in the manual.
    Now all the cables are crimped proporley and not losed there are no joined wires and the earth is attached to a unpainted part of the body (a bracket under the seat and its bolted down with a clean un painted bolt.

Every thing as far as I can see is conneted securley and proporley, I havnt used cheep cable its all kicker cabling I brought when I had my Kicker amp, now the amp plays for a bit then cuts out and goes in to protection mode, the bass is turned down on the head unit and it was cutting out at 27 volume on the head unit, the head unit goes up to 56.
    The voltage according to the amp is between 12v and 11.7 when ther cars not started and 14v and 13.7 when running, can any body help as its doing my nut in as I have followed every thing buy the book, so im close to smacking the amp across the dealers head.
    Please help.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    sounds odd!
    sounds like you connected everything ok but it is getting to hot or too much current is being drawn

which method of connection did you opt for??

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A sub per channel and the amps set at stereo, as I said the gain is down and has nt been run at full, the amp is ment to have a intergrated fan but the controls on the digital display arnt showing, even after going thourgh step by step, and the amp temp gauge isnt displaying just what I would like it diplayed in, either celcius or ferenhight.

My other amp started doing this as this it why brought the new set up as the old amp I had was very old and battered and wasnt powerful enought to run the one sub efficently. I am really conffused, the only thing is I thought was the earth but its fine, as I said its all proper wiring and he connectors are the gold plated items.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    everything seems ok to me
    like that it should run all day long with the HU turned up full

the only time i have had this happen to me was with my old amp like yourself (with your old amp) i was pushing it far to hard and after 30mins max of being on it cut out and used to smell very hot (still works tho ) thats why i got a new amp

is the cooling fan deffinatly coming on? you should be able to hear it. other than that i'm afriad i can offer no more input, sorry!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No the fan wont come on as its manually controlled in the digital control panel there is a slow setting and a fast setting or off. its bugging me as I dont want to go back to that shop I brought it from as im liviid with them as it is.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    can you change any of the settings or is the digital screen completely mullerd? my advice would be if its not working take it back, sorry i cant be any more help than that.

If You do have to take it back try and get a full cash refund and then shop else where, thats what i would do!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No it wont come out of protection mode mate, and the digital dispaly setting are on minimal until the subs were bedded in.
    Im going to check all the wiring again and try it again if not its going back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you've checked most of the more obvious stuff mate

Have you tried metering the impedence on the speaker leads?
    are they dual voice coil subs?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go back to the shop and be calm, just ask for help. It's not their fault if you've perhaps made a silly mistake.
    You'll feel proper stupid if they take a look and go "ah, you forgot to do...."
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Disconnect the sub or any other speakers you have conencted then turn on the system. If the amp fires up ok then the fault is with the speaker/sub you have connected. They/it could be knackered and allowing the + & - to cross over, hence the amp going into protection mode.

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast