Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What a cracking service?

Aint sarcasim great.

Dani is buying me a new setup, So I called in at Bass junkies as the amp I wanted they had it at a real good price and the cheepest I have seen for non b class stock.
    But alas they hadnt got it, so I listen to the blokes advice on getting this pioneer amp for the same price, but looking at the rms out put it was pretty low to be honest to drive two 12"s to get a decent performance as at 2 ohms bridged its rms was 260 wats and 480 max power out put and the amp I want runs 2 12"s at 4 ohm at 250 watts rms or 500 watts bridged into 1 channel, ideal for what I need it for.
    So I called up to say look you aint having these in and you still advertising them on the net as in stock so I called the wolverhampton branch were they said they had them in there, so I said I will pop over to collect it, went over and went to hand in the pionner amp and it was a case of sorry, we can not excpet that here it needs to go back to walsall, so no probs I said, I will pay for the amp now and I will get a refund from walsall, they said no they can not do that I have to pay a handaling charge and only entilted to a credit note. I said that aint on as Im exchanging a product it hasnt even been opened the box or left the carrier bag i bought it before closing time and went to swap it over at 2 oclock. They werent having none of it, so he got the rest and read the terms and conditions stating this. so I wenton the net and showed the terms and conditions on there website stating that if the product is being exchanged for the same value or higher no charges would be added.
    after a little came I now have to go back tommorow afternoon to collect the new amp,from walsall with no excess charge. The same amp is being delivered from the wolverhampton branch to walsall.
    Can you understand the mentaility of that, why could I just buy the kenwood amp and take the pionner one back for a refund at walsall.
    Im dont usally slag companys off but I never like going there, I have never had a decet service. I end up ther usally as its local. and this time for once they are the cheepest.
    Whay can not old values with customer service be continued, like LMF does. gets my back up.
    Sorry for the rant

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find too many shop/service assistants (and managers) can be confused by simple logic these days - and your example proves it's not just me.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont worry Brett, I have heard similar things about them, I went to there shop once and I thought the bloke was an utter penis, or he didnt like me because i was white, i couldnt decide

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sad tosay that there really are a lot of con men around in the retail buisness. Some people have got very rich ruining companies like this, there should be more or at least easier to do something about it though.

Hope all goes well today Brett. You have to be carefull with terms and conditions from shops as well, just because they have stated their terms doesnt mean its legal! If you do get any greif speak to trading standards and see if they will send a letter or phone them for you to put the presure on.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt the Pioneer amp can even do a 2ohm load bridged. Did they suggest that setup?

All Pioneer multi channel amps can only cope with a minimum 2ohm load from a single channel. When you bridge an amp, this doubles (as the load is half). This means an amp that can do 2ohm stereo can only do 4ohms bridged.

It seems that gave you bad advise too....

Are you sure the Kenwood amp can do it?
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The trouble is that all they are in it for is the money, i freind of mine knows a couple of the lads who work their and customer service is the last thing on their mind...
    There are two great teams in Liverpool.....Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..........

Bill Shankley

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the kenwood should run the two 12"s took the amp back wsnt best pleased because I hd them with my own terms and conditions.
    Yes the pioneer amp was the setup they recomended and the setup they said would work, they wanted me to get some amp called toxic but it looked like one of those amps you see on the market.
    I dont like going there usally but its local (walsall branch is 5 mins away and the wolvo one not much more) and this time the kenwood amp was a bargain every were else I have seen it between £149 and £200+ they were doing it for £120
    I will have to fine another local shop, the other place I went to before was over brum and wont go there again as I left the car withdanni and she says some kept eyeing up the car then dissapered then cam back in a black serria and come over with a crow bar to her and was about to smash the window or get her out of the car but I walked round the corner and they dissapered.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brum is defo car crime capital of GB
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP