Thread: insurance, who's to blame???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

insurance, who's to blame???

ok people. As you know i had an accident. The insurance offered me a price which i think is alright. BUT they're now claiming i didnt declare my air filter. when the insurance came through it was declared as AIR VENT (BONNET) which i thought was odd.... so according to this form i should sign it and amend any details... so i changed it to AIR FILTER and sent it back. Now as far as I'm concerned thats suitable.. but the insurance company are now asking for £200 more. Do i have any reasonable standing here and are they just tryin to keep their costs down or am i really in the wrong? I'm gonna argue this one because if they'd told me it was gonna be £200 more at the start I'd ave put the standard filter on.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    200 notes to cover the likely multiple car pile up that you will no doubt cause due to the uncontrollable extra power that is part and parsel of a performance replacement filter!

there having a complete laugh there considering you are highly unlikely to even see a difference in performance through this mod other than a nice note, just hate insurance companies as in my opinion they are far to controlling.
    Cheers Rich.
    http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=yfn4l...x=400&oq=0
    North East Regional OrganiserClickHERE For The Regional Forum!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Put it down as an increase in filter life (all K&n's are) rather than a performance part. IT wont gain much anyways !

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What sort of filter is it???

A panel shouldn't normally affect the premium, where as an induction kit will

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats insurance for you, i work in insurance claims (life cover). Its not that the filter caused the accident or effected it, they will try and find anything they can that you aint told them so they can screw you over.

One case im working on - the guy was killed in a helicopter crash, we got his whole medical history and are now refusing the claim and voiding the policy as he didnt tell us his sister was diabetic - how crap is that!
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    are now refusing the claim and voiding the policy as he didnt tell us his sister was diabetic - how crap is that!
    More than crap - that's just sickening.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well im certainly job hunting at the moment put it that way. sick of dealing with that every day.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's a panel filter, then there's no reason to pay any more. The only difference between the K&N and the OEM filter is the material used. K&N uses oiled cotton so it doesn't block as quick as the paper crap.

If you've an induction kit like the 57i, then you're a man with a wooden leg in a deck fire. In other words, you havn't a leg to stand on.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok people.. spoke to the insurance today. They've listened to the phone conversation from the day i tried to add the mods and they've checked out the form i sent back and they're accepting liability for the error made. The guy i spoke to said he couldnt wipe the £200 off but his boss most likely will. They best do now they've admitted liability... now just for the car valuation

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one mate - good of them to admit it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast