Thread: advice please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post advice please

Not sure who knows on here about the accident i had a few years ago,but anyways,i had an rta 4yrs ago and was a passenger crossing the road....i had multiple injuries and was lucky to be alive....these were my injuries...

Ocepitial fracture if the skull..healed afeter 8 months-12
    Torn (ACL)..crucial ligament
    Spraine,strectched (MCL)
    Damaged Patella (knee cap) my right leg
    Loss of feeling in my right knee
    And slight injury to my back..but thats healed now

since then ive had three operations on my left leg,two arhtroscopys and an anterial cruiate ligament reconstruction..you may remeber the last one,i have had 3years of physio and about 18months fr work in total following the accident..now developed arthiritis on both knees and will need further surgery in the future.

my dad got in touch with a solicitor for me 4weeks after accident,found out the man who hit me was driving a land rover with bull bars on the front,he hit me i went over the car and landed at the front of the car behind that hit my slightly...i cant remember the accident i have amnesia..lots more to it than this but,the insures of the driver admitted liability..but i had to accept 50/50 due to my memory,my solicitor gave me bad advice and pushed me into it,so after this i waited 3 1/2 yrs fior my solicitor to build my case for compensation,i gave him everything he asked for...proof that i had a uni placement to start trsining to be a general nurse and all my nvq docs in care..however,

3 plus yrs go by,he refuses tom let me see my files,says im not allowed,gives me bad advice then sends me a letter adv that the insurers have paid 12,500 inot court....i told him this is a small amount and was offended,in front of two witnesses he told me it was best if i took the offer and he wouldnt take none of it,lots more to this but in the end after 3 hr meeting i accepted,never saw any documents fr the insures to propose this offer....asked to see my files again,he declined.

i got a cheque for 7,000...he told me he had to pay some bills with 2,000 which i had to pay for and was witholding 3,000 until the insures pay their bill..told me the most he would take would be 500,i waited until now and he sends me a cheque for 1,900..and he has kept the 1,100 left. he sayd that the insurers didnt pay all the bill and i had to pay the rest with what i had left.

no letter from insurers again,just a nice to have acted for you ''have a nice life letter'' final. i ahve sighned nothing other than wtrite my solicitor a letter to say i accept the intial amount.

he has screwed me over from the start and i dont know what to do,in total i have had 8,900 for the accident. pitifull amount

what can i do or who can i speak to..and do you know any contact num's,he wont release my files,he says i can have the documents i sent him but i cant have rutherfords,it is their property.

help please,its driving me crazy,i have been leagally taken for a mug, and i want to know what/how much he has screwed me over for and if i could get it back.
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this stink right from the start

1. you are ALWAYS allowed to see anyof you documents held by them on ANY of your cases

2. he CANT force you into anything with regards to accepting an offer

go to another lawyer that you can trust and tell him everything that you have put down on here as it sounds to me like you have DEFO been ripped off babe

for what had happened to you i would have expected a much larger sum

my case against my old school for the faulty ski equipment is more than three times that amount and i only had the knee injury. you had alot worse

this sickens me the way you have been treated

Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds very very complicated to me, but it just sounds like you've been bullshitted all down the line. I'd seek advice from the legal ombudsman in the first instance.

Plus under the freedom of information act I'm sure you now have a right to a copy of anything in your case file.

Hope it helps, and good luck

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    we have both gone down this legal route but as wih most solicitors there out for each other. So we aint be getting no ware, We wanted to get rid of him a long time ago but we could afford to pay his costs so far into the case due to the fact danni was put out of work because of this accident.
    I think the ombudsman would be best to get them to look over the case.
    originally infront of witness he was with holding no money and the costs if any would be 500 squid but he denies that even though I was there and my old man and danni.#
    Been very stress full for danni and in my eyes shes been shafted.
    I got nearly 5k for whiplash and back injury in a car crash that got sorted after a month.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thannk u both..

i had a final letter on friday with the cheque,they are saying that if i want my documents back i have to write within 4 weeks or they will dispose of them for me...cheque hasnt cleared yet,but would i still be able to see my file if the case is closed??

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I wish I could offer some advice but I have no real experience of this matter, to me though right at the begining the guy admitted responsibility so why did it have to go 50/50. 11 years ago I was involved in a serious RTA (not as bad as yours) which I remember nothing of and this was never a factor although maybe because tenically I had at least 3 other witnesses this had some meaning to it

I'd definatly seek more advice
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMO by accepting the cheque, (ie paying it in) you're accepting the settlement.

I know from what legislation I deal with at work (I'm in the enforcement game) it's bloody complicated and the normal person will never understand it - us professional don't have a clue ½ the time and rely on bluster and bullshit to get the job done. Get some professional advice ASAP

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    He wanted to go 50/50 because he says that it was there first offer and since danni has no memory of the acident and no witnesses. he had a memory of the accident. but in stead of fighting the case to say look she was in a possition when hit that she couldnt have run and been hit in that possition with out him slamming his brakes on before the point of impact, as he never stopped until after he hit her, or pointed out that she was visable due to the elavated possition he was in in his land rover going down a slight gradiaent on a well light straight road on a clear night. We put argument to him and other evidence ect but he wouldnt do out about it.
    I personally beleave danni was paid a considablery more but he has pocketed some of the difference. and paid danni the remainder, brcause even 50/50 she should of been paid a lot more, going buy similar cases.
    My theory may be far fetched bu it happend to my old man years ago in a divorce.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    50/50 sounds like the usual 'minimum needed to get my fee' attitude - Dani you know my thoughs on this via PM.

Hope you can get a fair & proper result on this - it sucks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    even to the fact of the career change....

i wanted to be a nurse,its all i wanted to be,was working as a care assistant until the accident since i left achool,and was trying to get to my goal..but after the accident i couldnt do this anymore,the hospital adv

the hospial wrote a report on my condition and it wasnt too good,i felt like an old lady with what they wrote...they said i could no longer work in the care or nursing industry and would need an office based employment from now on..

i didnt have any office ecperience and didnt know how to use a pc...so i was out of work again,i enrolled on a college course and got a diploma in computer applications....

word,excel,acsess,publisher,outlook,number power level 1,word power level 1

then i started my first office job as a trainee admin

then went on being an administrator,then sales/admin
    then started for the aa in service delivery...we dont take calls fr mbr's we deploy the work to resources and make acceptable eta's.

this is all i can ever do now,you can work up to management and the pay is decent enough but its not the same,and its not what i wanted to be,but they didnt take this into consideration,he said that this is irrelavant to my case.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast