Thread: Holden Caprice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holden Caprice

Well, errr... No guesses as to what I had typed into google images when I stumbled upon this pic anyways I haven't seen one of these before, a possible replacemnet for the Omega???? What does everyone think?
    Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Holden Caprice has been around for years so NO i dont think it will be a possible replacement for the Omega.. most likely replacement would be the Commodore but it will never happen,

before anyone spouts that the Commodore or Caprice has the same chassis as the omega they dont
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Probably a very nice car - but I'm not into barges (too yank IMO)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the old ones were nice Geoff very smooth and refined a class above the commodore, but the down side was it was heavy and didnt handle too well... Rumour is the new Caprice wont even make it onto the showroom floors they'll be order only..

here's some info on the Caprice and the lesser spec Statesman

Statesman
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...d=7000&navid=1

Caprice
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...w?modelid=8000

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's the thing with barge (executive) cars - they are only gonna sell from a few manufacturers cos those that buy them are badge snobs.

Holden/Vaux/Opel could make the best barge in the world, but as it ain't a Mrec or Audi or BMW it's never gonna sell. Plus 'named' cars don't sell to business dudes, they' like big numbers such as S500 750i and A8.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    That's the thing with barge (executive) cars - they are only gonna sell from a few manufacturers cos those that buy them are badge snobs.

Holden/Vaux/Opel could make the best barge in the world, but as it ain't a Mrec or Audi or BMW it's never gonna sell. Plus 'named' cars don't sell to business dudes, they' like big numbers such as S500 750i and A8.
    Actually the Statesman and Caprice, along with fords LTD and Fairlane are amongst Australia's best selling "Luxury cars", The Aussies are very proud of their Holden and fords and would rather be seen driving either of these badges before a Merc Bmw or Audi, it's just the Europeans that tend to go for the badge or digits imho

I think this is mainly due to the fact that these cars are built with the Average Aussie Bussinessman in mind where as the Mercs and BMW's of this world are just designed for the pure snobs I'd take a Caprice or Statesman over a merc anyday, but in sayign that i was brought up the Australian way

oh and an Interesting point.. the Statesmans rear cup holders can hold a "Stubby" perfectly (Stubby is a bottle of beer )

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H18OAB
    Actually the Statesman and Caprice, along with fords LTD and Fairlane are amongst Australia's best selling "Luxury cars", The Aussies are very proud of their Holden and fords and would rather be seen driving either of these badges before a Merc Bmw or Audi, it's just the Europeans that tend to go for the badge or digits imho
    Probably due to the remoteness of Oz for exporting tol, and the patriotism of the people. Unfortunately, in this country sucessive governments have left very little for us to to be proud of, so we look to the 'pride' of other nations.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The remoteness of Australia has been a problem for a while, it's only been in rcent years that Cars have started to be shipped across there for Holden and Ford...

When we came back in 1996 Holden had JUST got the Corsa B and rebadged it the Barina, they had just got the MK3 Astra, and Ford didnt even have the Mondeo or Fiesta they still had their Australian Line up!

Jap wise they had Mazda, Subaru (Impreza wasn't sold in Aus till 1997), Mitsubishi (Evo again 1997 on) Honda,

they had most japenese and Asian car companies.. merc and BMW's were Rare because of the Remoteness of Oz,

i had NEVER seen an Impreza, Evo, Lotus, Aston martin, and the likes of them Until i moved back here, Thats probably why Car shows amaze me so much because i never saw these kind of cars as a kid..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Commodore WAS going to be the Omega C in Europe and South America, but for reasons I do not know this wasn't to be.

It is on sale in Brazil and was sold in the US for a while with a Chevy badge.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    The Commodore WAS going to be the Omega C in Europe and South America, but for reasons I do not know this wasn't to be.

It is on sale in Brazil and was sold in the US for a while with a Chevy badge.
    The Commodore is in my view a likely successor to the Omega B, but i cant see it happening, The Commodore if you look is already in this country

Personally i think it's a disgrace that holden have given the Monaro to GM to do what they please with it and i would feel the same if the Commodore was cheaply handed over aswell, i really dont believe in sharing cars amongst Manufacturers.. ok they are all GM owned but how many Jags do you see looking like a mondeo and vice versa!

The bosses at GM also sold Toyota the Commodore plans/blueprints in 1992 to build the Toyota Lexan for Japanese and Australian markets but the plug was pulled not long after when people still bought the Commodore...

If Holden give GM the Ccommodore their exclusiveness will fade, imho it will spell the end of Holdens and Holden Special Vehicles being imported into this country because there will be the Vauxhall Monaro and Commodore pluss the VXR versions, If the Torana TT36 is released like Holden plans the same will happen

Imho i think Holden is the dominate force in the GM Stable and Vauxhall chevvy cadillac and the rest are falling down like wounded birds in the sky...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast