Thread: Few more questions.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Few more questions.

All i seem to post on here is my car problems but everyone i have had has been fixed thanks to the replies.

Ok, first is wheel bearings. I know i need new rear wheel bearings because theres a knocking noise and there is a droning noise everynow and again. Does anyone know how much these cost?

Secondly, occasionaly when i come to a stop i can smell a rubber burning smell coming through the vents. This only happens every now and again and its not an overpowering strong smell just like the wheel has rubbed off something as i said its not all the time. I thought it was maybe the front wheel bearings were worn and causing the wheel to rub, i dunno i aint car mechanical minded.

My car is a astra sport, 1.6 16v, 48000 with cambelt due to be changed next week, and no engine mods.

Thanks again in advance.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1st dont know

2nd have you been giving your car any hammer cos i remember in my first car(oly a little clio) what i thought was a rubber smell coming through the vents was actualy the smell of my clutch being worn like a brake pad. it took a few clutches before i realised to stop being stupid.
    "we are the knights that say, ni"

www.donnycruise.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    new hubs and bearings (abs models) are approx £160 each at vauxhall (from memory).

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah i dont hammer the car. Ill wait till something happens before i sort it.

This is a good 1. The wheels bearings for an astra G comes as a kit and cannot be sold individually you have to buy the hub. For 1 front wheel bearing kit it is £167+VAT and for 1 rear wheel bearing kit its £144+VAT and those prices are from vauxhall. Phoned a few breakers who sell them and 1 said he could only supply the whole back axle including everything for £70 delivered.

Think ill phone a few more and see if i can get the kit cheaper than vauxhall cos i dont wanna start messing about with recondition or breaking.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try www.autovaux.com or www.sapmotorparts.com or www.speedways.co.uk - these amy give you a result

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    try www.autovaux.com or www.sapmotorparts.com or www.speedways.co.uk - these amy give you a result
    Good man. Already tried megavaux and vauxhallspares. I'll let u know how it goes.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AUTOVAUX = £69+vat Guess where i'll be going