Thread: Tracking Problem

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tracking Problem

Having only owned my 04 Plate Astra GSI Turbo about 2 months now I am having to have the two front tyres replaced because the tracking on the car is out. I don't really feel that I should be paying £260 to correct this problem having paid £13000 for the car not 8 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any idea where I would stand with Vauxhall on this matter ?? Should this be something that Vauxhall pay for to get sorted ?? Is this covered under warrenty ??
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neither the tyres or the tracking are covered under your warranty. If the tracking has been out since you got the car then you should have told the garage at the time and made arrangements to get it sorted. As the car is also used any issue you may have with regards to the tracking being out would lie between you and the garage, although you will probably find that their point of view is that you should have got the tracking seen to or mentioned at the time of sale.......If the tracking was fine at the time of sale then it would be down to you to sort it out, tracking going out is usually caused do to hitting a pot hole/kerb etc (not necessarily hard), thus is not a fault with the car.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey
    Neither the tyres or the tracking are covered under your warranty. If the tracking has been out since you got the car then you should have told the garage at the time and made arrangements to get it sorted. As the car is also used any issue you may have with regards to the tracking being out would lie between you and the garage, although you will probably find that their point of view is that you should have got the tracking seen to or mentioned at the time of sale.......If the tracking was fine at the time of sale then it would be down to you to sort it out, tracking going out is usually caused do to hitting a pot hole/kerb etc (not necessarily hard), thus is not a fault with the car.
    Fair comment - Was kind of hoping that wouldn't be the case but I would have to agree with everything you said.
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had only had mine a few months, and I too had to get tracking sorted and purchase some new tyres, to be honest I think tracking had been out a while and the salesperson from the dealer had just been driving around with it out......
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tracking being out will certainly cause the car to eat through tyres, especially on the likes of the GSi which wears tyres out anyway due to the power etc. just one of these unfortunate things.