Thread: Damn Tracking !!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn Tracking !!!

Been out cleaning the car this morning and happend to notice that the tred on the drivers side front tyre was quite low. On closer inspection i discovered that the drivers side front tyre is dangerously low on the inner and outside of the tyre whilst the front passengers side looks virtually unused.

Now gotta replace the 2 front tyres and have the tracking sorted to make sure it don't happen again. Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3's are what im likly to go for unless anyone has reasons why they shouldn't be used or there is a better option ????

BTW - Anyone want 1 excellent condition tyre with near perfect tred ?? 215\40\R17.....
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like that tyre has been under-inflated... Incorrect tracking would normally affect one edge (not both), and both tyres.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSI Mav
    Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3's are what im likly to go for unless anyone has reasons why they shouldn't be used or there is a better option ????
    So looked forward to getting the F1's on mine but I'm still not happy with the balancing after two attempts by the dealer. With the old Dunlops on, ANY speed was so quiet and smooth so I am happy that wheels and suspension etc are fine. Since having the F1's, once I get to 80 I can both hear and feel a 'drumming' through the whole car. Did a bit of research on t'internet and there's talk of dodgy batches of F1's.

Have to say I'm unlikely to have any more although I'll give the dealer one more shot at a balance in a couple of months time when I get my oil changed...

Will probably return to Pirelli.

Jonathan

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcogger
    Sounds like that tyre has been under-inflated... Incorrect tracking would normally affect one edge (not both), and both tyres.
    I thought that at first but when I checked all the tyres were at the perfect pressure.
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doea sound strange that one. It is normal for the inner and outer edges to run out due to power steering, had it on coupe, my GSi and a mate had it on his Vectra GSi so not something to worry about but seems odd that only one side is running out.
    Astra GSi Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well It's sorted now - ordered 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's fitted and all 4 wheels laser aligned (tracked) for £260 all in.
    300bhp