Thread: From mapped to standard..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From mapped to standard..

I have had my ECU re-mapped by AmD. I'm not happy with it so want to get it scrubbed and put back to standard. My local dealership has just told me that they cannot download the standard software back on and that I need to take it back to AmD.

Is this the case? I always assumed Vauxhall could download software to your car as long as you didn't already have the latest software on your car. My car is a 2001 coupe turbo so definately wouldn't of had the latest.

Thanks for any advice.
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yup - you may have the latest version of the VX software on you car already - they cannot overwrite it with the same or earlier version - so all you can do is get AMD to but their backup copy of your car back onto you ECU. - I know you said its 2001 but - it could have been updated at the most recent service or AMD may have used the new version of the VX software as a based then altered accordingly as per your map. - In any case if AMD can't revert it back to standard - which tbh i think they should - you'll have to keep the map. - I don't actually think you'd be putting out 240BHP as much previous expericence regard AMD software only maps - has explained. - so with the new turbo - don't think you'd have the same issues again.
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats piss, my AMD map was cleared by Vaux - took 30mins and £10 cash in the mech's pocket, sorted. Boost back to standard levels and all the lights cleared. That was on a 03 GSi !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, I'll have a word with the service manager in person tomorrow. The bloke on the phone just told me I'd have to take it back to AmD and that was without even looking at the car or trying. My car definately doesn't have the latest software.
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather