Thread: Boost problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boost problems

might not be a problem but when i accelerate, the boost pushes to 1 bar for about a second then back to nothing and then slowly makes its way up again, is this over boost cutting in? or is this a leak?

cheers
    John L

MK4 GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I take it your car hasn't been re-mapped yet ? And does this happen all the time , everytime? If so it sounds like a boost/vac pipe has worked its way loose of the actuator, get it fixed quick or something soon will go boom .

Either way check all your boost/vac (small pipes) in your engine bay and make sure nothings loose, and if you can't find anything take this into vauxhall. Take it easy for now and don't drive too hard.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks mate, yeah i have crappy rubber hoses at the moment that are a bit dodgy from turbo to intercooler and from intercooler to throttle body, but dont know where to get decent pipe work from.

its been re mapped now, all is running smoothly, just this is a bit of a problem cos it starts to go fast and then slows down.

will check actuator asap. what does this do?? have not a clue on turbos and am tryin to learn and one thing i dont know is what actuator is there for lol.
    John L

MK4 GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The boost/vac pipes i'm talking about are only small (5mm in diameter). The actuator is part of the boost control system, so it stops the turbo over speeding which is a good thing if you want your turbo to live long .