Thread: Remote Problem / Key Fob (Mk4 Astra)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remote Problem / Key Fob (Mk4 Astra)

My remote control stopped working the other day and won't work any more. My battery has life in it, as the light on the remote shows ok. I have also tried 2 other batterys from remotes for car audio and the remote is still not working. The hard apart about all this is I have removed the door locks, and I have to keep getting in through the boot . I do also know how to program the remote to the car again through the ignition, but it's still not working. Thanks for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's not working "at all" then a trip to vauxhall is all you can do (or someone with a tech2)... you need to reprogram your key to the ecu all over... i think it sounds like it might be more of a problem than what you are saying though, i'd suggest there's a problem with it receiving the signal...
    If you slide the key into the ignition and then press the unlock button (without turning the key at all) do you get anything happening?
    Aaron
    Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra SRi 2.2L
    For all your Car Audio Questions
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nutter.jpg
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not working that way either mate. Looks like a trip to Vauxhall then lol. It's a pain climbing in the boot every day to open the car lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol...
    Oh well
    Either the locking system has "forgotten" the key's (which isn't likely because as i remember it has to know the key to start and drive) or there is something wrong with the remote receiver part of the unit, which sounds highly likely IMHO!
    Aaron
    Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra SRi 2.2L
    For all your Car Audio Questions
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nutter.jpg
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

hi

maybe able to help?

I had a similar problem to how yours sounds. My fob just stopped working, put new battery in, reset it in the ignition, it worked for a few hours and then wouldn't work again, so I'd reset it and it'd work then go dead and so it went on for a few weeks.

So I took my fob to bits and looked at the batterys connection and it was apparent that the battery wasn't being held central by the little spring arm things and must have been sporadically losing it's contact. I then used some insulation tape to hold the battery central in the spring arms and reassembled.

Since resetting it after that, it has worked perfectly, this was over 2 weeks ago)

Well hope that makes sense

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I can relate to that , exact same symptoms, also removed locks and had to do the boot thing.
    2 cut a long story short... went to Vx in Soton who said key needed test (about £45) or replace, my dad works at Vx in Plym and so took it to one of his mates, one tiny piece of tissue/toilet paper (unused) placed on top of the battery then put back together - has worked perfectly since. Hope that helps!
    Perhaps you can help with my prob also in this forum? Cheers
    1.6 16v Sport, Red, Debadged, Boot spoiler, Sportex 3" Exhaust, RamAir Induction, Irmy grille