Thread: Hands free kit.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Hands free kit.

I have a Nokia CK-7W hands free kit to fit to my car, which has a CDR500 CD/Radio as supplied from standard. Does anyone know the colour of the wire in the radio harnessto which to connect the radio mute (yellow) wire from the hands-free.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'm guessing your car doesn't have the phone loom to the left of the glovebox when it's removed because then its a black wire the same as the ignition live

If it hasn't got the loom there will be no wire in the loom so somehow you will have to poke the wire into the spare pin on the headunit.

With the headunit out it says which one does the mute
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if my car has the wiring loom or not, I was unaware it was included in the original spec. You mention the spare pin on the headunit, is this the only spare and could you explain the last comment "which on does the mute". thanks for the info I'll have a look for the loom before removing the radio.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I can't remember if there's more than one spare pin or not. On the top of the headunit it has a diagram that tells you what pin does what

Right getting my CCR600 out from under my bed it says TEL on the pin and is in the same part of the block as the power, earth etc

It really is easy once you have the headunit out
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    having sold my coupe i have one of the leads which plugs into the lead behind the glovebox and connects to the nokia kit.no wiring to do. plays phone audio through cars front speakers. no need to mount an ugly speaker. i have pictures of the loom behind the glovebox if you need it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Sorry to jump on your thread.
    Farmer, Where did you get this lead? Is it made by Vauxhall,Nokia or someone else? Do you have a part number?
    Any chance I could see some pics?
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks farmer, the photos would be a great help. Would this cable plug in between the CK-7W and the wiring loom ?. If it does, where did you get the lead from, and approx how much, as it would be much neater and more conveinient to use this method of audio rather than the additional speaker.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the website i purchased from. I have some better pics which i will put up after crimbo. depends on your nokia car kit. the newer kits have a smaller connector. just means replacing the connector with the one from your car kit.4 wires . £20 including p&p if asnyone wants it.

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-102RB.html

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer
    . no need to mount an ugly speaker.
    I've managed to hide my speaker so it's not on view

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kit now fitted, thanks to all who contributed information. To find out if your if car is fitted with the telephone wiring loom, the easiest way, is to identify the position for the relay (white square) in the fuse box, if you can't see the female sockets to accept the relay then you don't have the loom. As for the hands free wiring loom, the radio mute wire (yellow) fits into a spare socket on the bottom multi-plug at the rear of the radio (as previous reply), the red (constant '+' supply) coupled to the feed for the glove box light, the blue (ignition +) coupled to the cigarette lighter feed and the black to the car body (I used the earth connection in the passenger footwell). The control box was mounted behind the glove box, the mic stuck to the position for the grab handle above the drivers door (personal choice) and the speaker hidden towards the centre of the car in the passenger footwell behind the centre console under the heater trunking. All now working after a cold day outside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast