Thread: Uprated Suspension

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uprated Suspension

Ive just completed my v6 conversion in an astra 1800 sport.

As was expected the extra weight of the engine has lowered the front down by about 20-30mm so its time to uprate the suspension given the sump is probably only 4-5" off the ground.
    Anyone know of any good suspension package that'll work?Given the extra weight etc and most of the kits ive looked at, most are kits to lower the car which i dont really want to do given its low enough on the front as it is but i wouldnt mind dropping the rear to match

Aint exactly got loads of cash at the moment so a budget kit may have to do for now.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, welcome.

With it being a custom conversion, not standard.
    I would have thought that you would have to get springs to match properly.

Which ideally would be coilovers from a manufacturer that has loads of different rated springs.

Its a shame I'm directing you away from this site but ...
    It would be better to ask on www.migweb.co.uk ...there are a few V6 astras there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i Would say that in a custom setup like your - having full adjustablilty is more the desirable - its essential. - i reckon that you'd have to go for coilovers - so that you can customise the ride height to exactly the level you want it. - anything else - ie standard kits will either run too high or too low and will be too hard or too soft.
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LEDA suspension could make you a custom suspension Coilover kit, and are reasonably cheap too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get coilsprings to make you some custom springs, that take into account the poundage and drop you want.

Think the web addy is something like www.coilsprings.co.uk

hth

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO
    Hello, welcome.

With it being a custom conversion, not standard.
    I would have thought that you would have to get springs to match properly.

Which ideally would be coilovers from a manufacturer that has loads of different rated springs.

Its a shame I'm directing you away from this site but ...
    It would be better to ask on www.migweb.co.uk ...there are a few V6 astras there.
    Im a regualar on that site mate but it seems noone has the ideal set up either, hence i wondered whether anyone on astra sport knew anything.Its not a case of becoming a member to ask a question and off again as i read this site often and find it very informative hence i will still be lurking in the background but i dont get much time to visit sites due to undergoing the conversion and various issues.
    Obviously different rated springs are the ideal solution so will have to hunt around and make some phonecalls.
    Does anyone know what rated poundage the standard springs are?They are bound to ask me if its someone like demon tweaks or similar...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had a thought but wouldnt the springs out the v6 car be swapable and heavier poundage as it was a cavalier?